Nivea a Kiss of Flavor Cherry Tinted Lip Balm  » Cosmetics  »
0.5
  • When I found out that this was pretty much the same as Labello, I was pretty much sold
  • I bought a tube of Nivea Kiss of Flavor in Cherry flavor
  • My issue with it is that it is not light weight at all, and I can actually feel it sitting on my lips
  • I thought this made no sense at all because a lip balm is supposed to protect the lips and not make them worse than they were when first using it
  • But, it was disappointing, and I would not recommend it to anyone

• by WendyBird

When I saw that Nivea made lip balm, I was all over it, being a fan of Nivea products. When I found out that this was pretty much the same as Labello, I was pretty much sold. I bought a tube of Nivea Kiss of Flavor in Cherry flavor. This lip balm is also a gloss, and is supposed to moisturize the lips and also feel like a nude lip balm, in that it is light weight. I found the opposite to be true.

The lip balm tints the lips a really red color, and it tastes quite nice, almost like a cherry lollipop. My issue with it

is that it is not light weight at all, and I can actually feel it sitting on my lips. I only need to use a little bit because the color is so bright on my pale lips, and it is really noticeable if I put on a lot. But, the worst thing about it is that the gloss feels clumpy on my lips and sometimes it is sticky feeling where my lips want to stick together if they are held together for too long (if I don’t open my mouth, you know). This didn’t improve on whether I used a little or a lot. In both cases, my ...

• lips felt gummy-feeling.

Another issue I have is that while it is a moisturizing lip balm, supposedly, it actually seemed to dry out my lips instead. It may be something to do with the flavoring or fragrance, but instead of making softer lips, it would make them cracked and really dry. I thought this made no sense at all because a lip balm is supposed to protect the lips and not make them worse than they were when first using it. I never even used all of the stick because I thought it was a complete waste of money. It wasn’t all that expensive, thank goodness, and

cost not much more than a tub of Burt’s Bees, which I prefer. But, I ended up tossing out the remaining lip balm because it never worked for me, and the only good thing about it was the flavor and the coloring. I figured I could eat some cherries while wearing lasting lipstick and get the same effect (and be a lot happier).

I just did not care for this lip balm at all, and it really shocked me that the quality was so poor because Nivea products are usually so good (and I loved Labello lip balm). But, it was disappointing, and I would not recommend it to anyone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3122071514410531/k2311a0722/7.22.11