Bath & Body Works Signature Collection: Sea Island Cotton Lotion
  • One scent I tried and liked was Sea Island Cotton, and I bought it in a lotion
  • It's really good for summer time use, though I like it in the spring as well

• by WendyBird

Bath & Body Works is my favorite place to buy lotion, and I always go in there when I have run out of a bottle, to replace it either with the same scent, or to try a new one if available. The lotions aren’t that expensive, and they are long lasting, to boot. But, most of all, they smell out of this world wonderful. One scent I tried and liked was Sea Island Cotton, and I bought it in a lotion.

This is a moisturizing lotion because it has Shea butter, Jojoba oil, and Vitamin E infused in it. It absorbs fairly fast, doesn’t leave a greasy residue or a flaky one when dried on my skin, and it makes

my hands a lot softer and prettier. The lotions I tend to use from there all contain the same moisturizing ingredients, and they all seem to keep my skin looking and feeling it’s best. I don;t get a tightening feeling on the skin, nor do I turn ashy, so I know it’s giving me nutrients without taking any away.

This is a white-ish colored lotion and the label has an image of cotton plants on the front. It gives the impression that it’s really light and airy. It kind of is. I love the scent, though I don;t use this one as often as some of the others, because the best way I can describe it, is that ...

• it smells “clean”. I bet someone who had been out in the sun cutting grass all day, sweaty and hot, could put this on and smell like they just got out of the shower. It’s that fresh smelling. The fragrances in it are clean cotton, drenched air, white freesia, and white musk. The combo together smells a bit like when clean laundry hangs out in the spring air to dry, you know that really clean and fragrant scent that comes your way from the laundry (if you’ve ever experienced it, of course) when the wind blows it a little? That’s what it smells like to me. It;s a really nice scent.

It will last for hours on my

skin. I put this one all over because it is more subtle than some of the others which have a heavier scent. It’s really good for summer time use, though I like it in the spring as well. At the store and online, it costs $10.50 a bottle, but it’s such a great value because the lotion lasts me over a month if I use it every day. I have never had any adverse reactions from this scent or any of the ingredients in it (I have with one, once, is why I mention it), and I will continue to buy it every now and again when I come across it. I like it so I would recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3122071514310531/k2311a0722/7.22.11