Maybelline New York Intense XXL Microfiber Mascara  » Cosmetics  »
1.0
  • I bought it on a whim once before, and I kept thinking that it should have worked much better because it was fairly costly
  • I felt the quality and the price didn't mesh well, especially since I was getting better results from products that cost half of what this one did
  • It is supposed to add 11 times the volume and I think what they mean is that it looks like one giant super lash because while it says it will not clump, it clumps badly and fuses the lashes together

• by WendyBird

While I can no longer find Maybelline New York Intense XXL Microfiber Mascara in the stores, I can still find it online at several places, but when I used it, I wasn’t that fond of it. I am the type that doesn’t really stay loyal to brands except for maybe one or two that absolutely work for me and I would be a fool to try and replace them. But, it doesn’t stop me from buying other brands, colors, and varieties when I see them, because I just like trying new things. This mascara was one of those “try and see” types of products for me. I bought it on a whim once before, and I kept thinking that it should have worked much better because

it was fairly costly. I felt the quality and the price didn’t mesh well, especially since I was getting better results from products that cost half of what this one did.

This mascara is a double ended type requiring two steps to use. I always liked that not only did it have a different color for each of the ends, but it also had a number 1 and a number 2 on the appropriate end as well, so that anyone would be able to tell which end to use first. First I used the white end that supposedly adds length to my lashes, and the next is the black end which adds color and volume. The length extension is supposed to add 60% more length, and though ...

• mine are super long to begin with, I could really tell that it made them a lot longer than usual. The volume end is a joke, however. It is supposed to add 11 times the volume and I think what they mean is that it looks like one giant super lash because while it says it will not clump, it clumps badly and fuses the lashes together. It’s almost like a sticky glue and is really hard to wash out.

I tried to apply it different ways, I tried fixing it, and it’s not like I am a beginner at putting on mascara because I’ve been doing it for decades now with success. It’s just this product is so terrible. I gave it to a friend

with a warning, and she had the same results, so this mascara got about 4 uses out of it before it went into the trash. The lengthening wand was excellent, but it cannot be used alone because it seems it is sticky on the lashes, like it’s waiting to be glued to the intense black coloring of the other wand. I don’t know if I just got a dud or not, but I was about to spend another $12 to find out.

I think this mascara was more flawed than it was good, and I never bought it again and wouldn’t advise anyone else to either. Especially now that it costs more online because it is hard, if not impossible, to find in stores now.

Maybelline New York Intense XXL Microfiber Mascara

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3122071514270531/k2311a0722/7.22.11