Alba Botanica Very Emollient Bath & Shower Gel Sparkling Mint 12oz
  • Mint is a scent I love all year round, and especially in the summer because it gives me a soft tingle and feels cool
  • Unfortunately, for those who are sensitive to detergents, it is not all-natural in that way
  • It contains sulfates as well as cocomidapropyl betaine, which may make it a bit of a problem among those who are purists with their natural products
  • Although the coco-betaine and sulfates can both be made from coconut oil, most people do not consider them natural enough, or gentle enough to be included in these types of products
  • It does cost a little more than your average drugstore brand, but you do get a good product in return

• by reviewabit

I am a big fan of natural products, and I have liked most of Alba Botanical’s shower gels. They have wonderful scents, and are very gentle. The last one I tried was the Sparkling mint. Mint is a scent I love all year round, and especially in the summer because it gives me a soft tingle and feels cool.

This is very nice when it is hot weather. This wash has a variety of botanical ingredients, like aloe vera leaf, elderberry fruit, lavender, melissa, gotu cola, and chamomile. Unfortunately, for those who are sensitive to detergents, it is not all-natural in that way.

It contains sulfates as well as cocomidapropyl betaine, which may make it a bit of a problem among those who are purists with their natural products.

/> Although the coco-betaine and sulfates can both be made from coconut oil, most people do not consider them natural enough, or gentle enough to be included in these types of products. I have never personally had a problem with sulfates or detergents, but since finding out that they can fade hair color, and may be implicated in causing hair loss for some people, I have started to avoid them in my shampoos.

They don’t bother me in body wash, because I do enjoy the lather. Let’s face it, nothing lathers like sodium lauryl sulfate. There are some who argue that SLS in particular can cause the skin to absorb more toxins.

This is disturbing, but then SLS has been in use for many years, so it ...

• must not be that dramatic. Still, to be on the safe side, I avoid it when I can, but I have not eliminated it entirely. If I did that, I would be missing out on nice bath products like this one– and I won’t do that.

I think this is an excellent shower gel. The mint is potent and feels cold. The wash does make a fantastic lather, and the fragrance fills your sinuses as you wash.

I love the way my skin tingles after a shower with it. The fresh mint smell stays on your skin for a short time, but the cool feeling stays with you for several hours. There is nothing like a nice mint tingle after working

in the hot garden for hours.

I have never had any skin irritation from this product, and surprisingly, despite it having every detergent you can think of, I don’t have any dryness with it either. I have used it for several weeks at a time, and not had any problems at all. I guess they knew how to formulate the product so that it did not dry skin, despite the potential for it to do so.

It is truly emollient, as it says. I would definitely recommend this to any lovers of mint, and fans of natural products. It does cost a little more than your average drugstore brand, but you do get a good product in return.

This is a treat for mint lovers who can handle the tingle.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3422071514260531/k2311a0722/7.22.11