Celsius Fitness Partner Raspberry/Acai Energy Supplement Drink 4pk
2.5
  • These drinks are based on green tea, which is something I like— and they also have EGCG, ginger, calcium, chromium (which benefits me as a diabetic) B and C vitamins, and are sweetened with sucralose
  • I started my experience with Celsius by trying the raspberry acai flavored drinks
  • I tried other flavors, but this one was actually the best one all along
  • Eventually, on the days when I was drinking the Celsius, the effect was not as profound as it had been, and I found myself again struggling to stick with it

• by reviewabit

I have tried all kinds of products to lose weight, boost metabolism, and have more energy. Some of the ones that work the fastest are liquid ones. When I was starting a new exercise program and having a bit of a challenge actually keeping up with it, I went looking for something that would perhaps give me the energy to get through it. I came across these, and found that they had the usual promises of boosting metabolism, burning fat and calories, and improving endurance. These drinks are based on green tea, which is something I like— and they also have EGCG, ginger, calcium, chromium (which

benefits me as a diabetic) B and C vitamins, and are sweetened with sucralose.

While I am not a huge fan of sucralose, since finding out it can cause me to have heart palpitations, I would rather deal with it than have to worry about the calories and carbs in sugar. These drinks are low in calories, and don’t raise my blood sugar at all. In fact, with the addition of chromium, they probably help to lower it a bit. I started my experience with Celsius by trying the raspberry acai flavored drinks.

I like raspberry tea, so this seemed like a nice choice. I

drank one about thirty minutes before I was going to do my workout, which included walking, an exercise DVD, and some light resistance training. I started off dragging a bit, and was discouraged. Pretty soon, I felt the caffeine start to kick in.

I did feel a little jittery, but I managed to ignore it and get on with what I was doing. My routine went well and I was only moderately tired after it was over. Interestingly, I had more energy about an hour later. It seemed to be some sort of delayed effect of the drink.

This caused me to change the plan slightly. The next day,

• Celsius Fitness Partner Raspberry/Acai Energy Supplement Drink 4pk
      and thereafter, I drank the beverage about three hours before my workout. This gave me the biggest boost of energy right when I needed it. This went on for a few weeks.

I did not drink a can every single day, because some days I needed a break from all the caffeine. It was starting to effect my sleep. For awhile, I was alright with one every other day or so. I tried other flavors, but this one was actually the best one all along.

again struggling to stick with it. When I had more than a day without the drink, I would get a headache. I assume this was from caffeine withdrawal. It became troubling when the headaches took on a migraine character, which could stop me dead in my tracks and I would get nothing done for the rest of the day.

I had to admit after awhile that this just wasn’t working, and I stopped using the drinks, relying instead on a sub lingual B 12 supplement and no extra caffeine. I would say that this is a product that works, but only short term. I don’t recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3422071514250531/k2311a0722/7.22.11