Hero Nutritional Products Vitamin C+Pomegranate Gummy Vitamins 60 ct
  • When I decided to tweak my vitamin routine, I ended up going with a multi that did not quite have all the vitamin C that I wanted
  • You wouldn’t believe the products I have managed to find– chocolates that offer minerals, gummy fiber, vitamin gum balls– it’s amazing what is out there
  • Because of this, I think this product would be a fantastic way to get kids to take their C vitamin
  • It is probably one of the best tasting vitamins I have ever eaten, and that may be because of the limited ingredients
  • I would recommend this product to anyone who wants a little extra C, and would prefer that it actually not be a chore to take

• by reviewabit

When I decided to tweak my vitamin routine, I ended up going with a multi that did not quite have all the vitamin C that I wanted. I decided to buy a less potent C supplement separately, and that is how I found this wonderful excuse to eat candy… I mean, take vitamin C. I have often opted for chewable, flavored vitamins in the past. The reasons are simple.

I hate swallowing pills, and I am diabetic, so any excuse to eat something that resembles candy is fair game. You wouldn’t believe the products I have managed to find– chocolates that offer minerals, gummy fiber, vitamin gum balls– it’s amazing what is out there. I certainly am not the only adult looking for them, and this product is proof.

Having

250 mg of vitamin C, which is just about what I was looking for anyway, these are a low-potency C that adds 20 mg of pomegranate. The pomegranate is a powerful antioxidant and works with the C to help protect cells and regenerate the tissues of the body and heal them from damages. I was thrilled to find out that you got to take not one but two of the little slices.

They have 22 calories per serving and five grams of carbohydrate. This is not too bad for a little slice. They are made with natural sugar, so no icky artificial sweetener aftertaste.

They are supposedly “fruit flavors” but I could only taste one flavor and they were all the same color. They taste like orange, mango, and maybe a ...

• hint of cherry. I had no side effects from the vitamin, and they did not cause my blood sugar to spike.

I took them in the morning as a sort of after-breakfast treat. There is a slight oily film on the outside of them, which is similar to what you see in the same type of candy. It is added to keep them from sticking together.

I actually had others in the house begging me for vitamin C, because they could smell the fruity candy-like fragrance when I opened the bottle and took mine out. Because of this, I think this product would be a fantastic way to get kids to take their C vitamin. It is probably one of the best tasting vitamins I have ever eaten, and that

may be because of the limited ingredients.

When you have to add in other vitamins and minerals, it is going to affect the taste somewhat, but apparently C tastes pretty good all on its own. What is great about extra vitamin C is that it boosts your immune system, and I especially like to take it during cold and flu season. It also helps with collagen production, making it essential not only to deter the effects of aging, but to help with the formation of body tissues like joints and protective linings which contain collagen.

People with collagen vascular diseases need to make sure their bodies always have enough C. I would recommend this product to anyone who wants a little extra C, and would prefer that it actually not be a chore to take.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3422071514240531/k2311a0722/7.22.11