Flower Essence Services Dandelion Flower Essence Drops 0.25 oz  » Health  »
  • After a somewhat questionable experience with another flower remedy that left me feeling as if perhaps the placebo effect was just as useful as anything that was sold in a bottle, I was talking to a friend about my experience
  • I found some made by Flower Essence Services that only cost five dollars
  • I think that if you over-analyze anything, you can convince yourself something “fits” in an amazing way, much like you can do with an astrological sign
  • I consider that a variant of the placebo effect– but no one should laugh at the placebo effect
  • I found the alcohol taste too strong, so I diluted them in water

• by reviewabit

After a somewhat questionable experience with another flower remedy that left me feeling as if perhaps the placebo effect was just as useful as anything that was sold in a bottle, I was talking to a friend about my experience. He was into flower essences himself, and started asking me questions about my lifestyle. We came to the conclusion that dandelion essence would be helpful for me, since I was always over scheduling myself and doing too much at once, sometimes with the sacrifice of much needed rest. My battles with fibromyalgia convinced him even more that I needed the dandelion to help counteract this frenetic tendency and busy-ness.

I took note of what he said, and actually looked for the dandelion essence. I found some made by Flower

Essence Services that only cost five dollars. It is 40% alcohol– brandy, in fact, is what is listed.

It claims to give “dynamic physical energy and expressive life force; inner ease in work and play. ” I also learned that it is helpful for premenstrual and premenopausal symptoms, which is something of interest to me, as I suspect I may be getting closer to perimenopause. I have boating and fluid retention fairly often, and this is something the dandelion is also supposed to help with.

I think that if you over-analyze anything, you can convince yourself something “fits” in an amazing way, much like you can do with an astrological sign. My “Aquarian” tendencies didn’t really match up with the “dandelion” personality my friend sourced out for me, but I ...

• admit I was burning the candle at both ends sometimes, so it was certainly worth seeing if this would help. The flower essence is to be taken a few drops at a time, four times a day.

They tell you not to really expect anything right away (until your brain has had time to trick you into perceiving something, perhaps) and to expect gradual changes over the period of a month. It takes about a month to break a habit, I have heard– so maybe if thinking about something every day, which is triggered by your tasting a certain thing or a certain dropper-ful, you can plant the seed of thought into your mind and make those changes yourself. Perhaps, flower essences are a way to use visualization and

programming by your own hand.

I consider that a variant of the placebo effect– but no one should laugh at the placebo effect. It has actually saved lives. I started taking the drops as directed and took them for a month.

I found the alcohol taste too strong, so I diluted them in water. I did make an effort to think about why I was taking them, and I did this every time I took them. Because of my focus on it, I did slow down and make time to rest.

Does that mean the drops work? Maybe. They may not work for everyone, and they might not work the way some think that they do– but in the end, I slowed down and rested more, and my health was better for it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3422071514100531/k2311a0722/7.22.11