Pure & Basic Natural Bar Soap Fresh Fig 6.4 oz  » Health  »
  • I found this soap on sale at a specialty store and was very happy to get the bar for around two dollars
  • Like this one, it is a blended fragrance, and I thought perhaps this would be of a similar character, or if I was lucky, a “copy-cat” version of the scent
  • While I was disappointed at this, I tried to give the soap a chance anyway
  • It was summer when I used it, so I had no problem with it drying out my skin
  • I would recommend it for lovers of green tea fragrance

• by reviewabit

I found this soap on sale at a specialty store and was very happy to get the bar for around two dollars. It is a natural soap made with sodium palmate and sodium cocoate. (basically, this means saponified coconut and palm oils) It includes glycerin, sea kelp, fig, lotus seed, and green tea extracts. It is 100% vegetarian, and never tested on animals, which gives it extra points as far as I am concerned.

It is called an exfoliating soap, but I did not detect enough rough particles in the soap to provide too much of a physical exfoliation. The reason the soap initially caught my eyes was its name. I happen to be a huge fan of the “Fresh Fig” fragrance that is offered by Pier One.

They

use it in candles, room sprays, and a variety of other products. Like this one, it is a blended fragrance, and I thought perhaps this would be of a similar character, or if I was lucky, a “copy-cat” version of the scent. Unfortunately, neither was true.

This fragrance was more like plain green tea. It was a nice green tea, but naming it fig was probably a bad idea, as I did not detect any fig fragrance at all in there. While I was disappointed at this, I tried to give the soap a chance anyway.

It is a pretty soap, round and off-white, with visible specks of matter in it (I assume it is sea kelp. ) It is very attractive looking. In ...

• the shower, it has a typical fresh green-tea smell when lathered up.

It is a potent fragrance, so people with sensitive skin and noses should be cautious with using it. I did not have any irritation from the soap in any way. It lathers well, and cleans well.

It rinses easily, and leaves a faint fragrance behind, which is clean smelling and will not interfere with other fragrances. (Tea is a good fragrance to use if you plan on adding other fragrances– it blends well with a lot of other smells. ) It was summer when I used it, so I had no problem with it drying out my skin.

Had I been using it in winter, I may have had some issues with it drying my skin or making it

itch. As far as the potency of the cleansing, it is about average– much like any other basic soap. It seemed to last a long time in the shower.

The round shape of it made it easy to hold and manage, even though it was a pretty large bar. I would recommend it for lovers of green tea fragrance. It is unfortunate that it will probably miss its biggest audience by headlining itself as fig fragrance, when it smells more like tea than fig– perhaps they should have considered a different packaging than the cellophane, which makes it difficult to see what the fragrance is like in the store.

This is not a bad soap– it’s a good soap– they just chose the wrong way to try and market it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3422071514050531/k2311a0722/7.22.11