Saturn Ion  » Cars  »
321 N cashua drive , Florence, SC (843)661-6500
  • It was actually late 2004 when I bought my '05 Saturn Ion
  • The latter has a problem that disables the unlock trunk button at seemingly random times
  • I am as happy with the vehicle as I think I can be at that price

• by chip pittman

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)
      I purchased a new Saturn Ion a few years ago. It was actually late 2004 when I bought my ‘05 Saturn Ion. I hate car dealerships. I had been to too many that day and frankly, I was in a bad mood.

I was in a bad position. I had very little cashon hand and what I would have used for a trade-in had burnt to a cinder because I am a bad mechanic. Getting any car with my credit did notlook promising until I went to my Saturn

dealership.

I leveled with the salesman right off the bat. He asked how a $199/month payment sounded. I was beginning to like him.

The car I drove was fair. A small automatic transmission four door. It was roomy, but not fun.

It had some nice features, but not all of the ones I wanted. Then I saw it. The Saturn ION coupe.

It looks like a two-door sports car but it actually has four doors. The back doors open backwards, like most pickup trucks do these days. It is ...

• a standard transmission with lots of extras.

It has sunroof, CD player, electric locks and windows, keyless entry and alarm. The electric power steering delivers smooth noiseless handling without ever having to worry about the fluid level. The battery is hiding in the trunk near the spare tire, but there is a jump-off terminal under the hood.

It is not the fastest four cylinder in production, but it looks sporty and I have never worried about merging onto the interstate. The only things that I do not like about

the car are limited visibility when backing and the trunk latch. The latter has a problem that disables the “unlock trunk” button at seemingly random times.

I got an excellent automobile for a payment under $212/mo. The sales people treated me very well and never seemed to be putting any pressure on me at all. The entire experience was excellent.

I am as happy with the vehicle as I think I can be at that price. If you are looking for an inexpensive economy car, I can not suggest anything better than a trip to your Saturn dealership.

Saturn Ion

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 91804151380930/k2311a0418/4.18.07