Aura Cacia Aromatherapy Soothing Organic Milk & Oat Bath Additive 9.75 oz  » Health  »
  • This is normally a winter problem, but it can happen any time, especially if I have been using a lot of detergent based shower gels, and staying longer in the pool than usual
  • Since my skin tends to be oily all summer, I don’t want to use a product that is heavy, like the oil and butter-rich bath bombs I love to use in the winter
  • I found soaking in the softly scented milk bath incredibly soothing and relaxing
  • I think there is probably enough of the oat powder in the product to use it as a treatment for rashes, although if your skin is very sensitive you may react to the lavender oil, which is fairly potent, although gentle
  • I recommend this product and the brand in general

• by reviewabit

Sometimes, in the summer, I have the unusual day when my skin feels dry or irritated. This is normally a winter problem, but it can happen any time, especially if I have been using a lot of detergent based shower gels, and staying longer in the pool than usual. Since my skin tends to be oily all summer, I don’t want to use a product that is heavy, like the oil and butter-rich bath bombs I love to use in the winter. I do want something to soothe my skin though, and for this I turned to Aura Cacia.

This has become one of my favorite companies for both essential oils and bath products. The quality is always exceptional, and very consistent, no matter what type of

product it is. I was considering buying some Aveeno oatmeal bath, which is very effective, but when I saw this product, I knew I would love it even more.

This milk bath from Aura Cacia has no parabens, no synthetic preservatives, colors or fragrances. It is not tested on animals, and the milk used in it is organic. The bath contains milk powder, which softens the skin with milk proteins, sea salt, which adds essential minerals to the bath and always helps me with my fibromyalgia symptoms (which is the reason I take so many hot baths anyway), oat powder, and lavender oil.

It is a beautifully simple recipe, and a very effective one as well. I found soaking in the softly scented milk bath incredibly soothing ...

• and relaxing. Even without the heavy oils and moisturizers I sometime use for dry or irritated skin, this bath stopped the itching and left my skin feeling soft and smooth, with no worries of oils blocking my pores and giving me those dreaded summer pimples.

The product dissolves quickly and easily, and makes the bath a milky white color. This in itself somehow seemed soothing, as I felt I was in a bath of warm cream. The lavender scent, of course, is the queen of all relaxation smells, and it does its job well.

This is a pure, soft lavender that is comforting and makes me feel sleepy and warm. When I first got the product, I used it for about three nights

in a row. It was really helping my skin to feel better, and within several more days I was back to normal.

I think there is probably enough of the oat powder in the product to use it as a treatment for rashes, although if your skin is very sensitive you may react to the lavender oil, which is fairly potent, although gentle. The product is not very expensive. In fact, all of the Aura Cacia products are surprisingly affordable, especially considering the high quality.

I recommend this product and the brand in general. When it comes to fragrance, aroma therapy, and natural products, these folks know what they are doing. I have become a loyal fan and customer, and I’ll bet anyone would, after using a few of their bath products or oils.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3422071513750431/k2311a0722/7.22.11