ViewSonic VX2433wm 24 Inch LCD Monitor  » Computers  »
  • Aesthetic Design The border panel around this monitor is made of reflective plastic
  • However, the output to headphones seemed fine to me when I was playing Xbox through them

• by wickeddude12

I remember back in the day that we used to always use and trust ViewSonic monitors for the CRT (cathode ray tube, big bulky monitors) monitors that they would release. That is how we came about buying a ViewSonic LCD Monitor.

Aesthetic Design The border panel around this monitor is made of reflective plastic. Since I am used to a matte finish for LCD monitors, this design does not come to me easily. One legitimate negative of this finish is that it is reflective— quite reflective in fact. It is almost annoying that I have to stare at the glare of a lamp while I am working on this monitor. Not only does the finish attract glare, but it also attracts easily seen scratches and imperfections that I

disapprove of. The logo is colourful and distinctive in the top left hand corner and that is almost the only thing that I welcome in terms of the design of this monitor.

Functional Design There are a few design issues I have with this monitor. First of all, I can barely read the symbols on the panel that correspond to the buttons. They are so faint that you have to stare up close or guess to be able to read them.

Image Quality The image quality on this monitor is not bad. It does not have the contrast quality of an LED monitor, but it does its job. I also use the monitor for HD Xbox 360 gaming. I use the HDMI port in the bag and it ...

• gives me a nice output for my gaming. Colours look fine for normal computer use. No dead pixels. So overall, it does its job great.

Performance I do have to comment that this monitor is a little slow in reaction. It is slow in turning itself on when input is provided to the monitor. It is slow in switching between different inputs such as from my HDMI gaming to my DVI computer connection. I’ve seen faster.

Audio As far as the audio output coming from the monitor, I do find it hard to reach the connection at the back of the monitor. It is way up higher than the connections for the video inputs that it just makes life more difficult. The speakers output kind of

crappy sound since the acoustics suck, but what do you expect? They are speakers that come with a monitor so it is understandable for them to be crappy. However, the output to headphones seemed fine to me when I was playing Xbox through them.

Connections This monitor has the standard display ports including VGA, DVI and HDMI along with audio in and out jacks. I think the monitor came with two cables: VGA and DVI. A better deal would be if it came with an HDMI cable as well, which most manufacturers do not include, but a few are starting to include such as LG.

All in all, a monitor that does its job. It is large and displays great. Just the finer nuances need to be improved to make this an excellent product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1922071513450431/k2311a0722/7.22.11