Turtle Beach x41 Gaming Headset - Xbox360
  • Which brings me to the battery life of the headset, it requires 2 triple A batteries and due to the fact I consider myself a hardcore gamer who plays with the headset for over 5 hours a day, it lasts me a fairly long time of about 5 days which means it has a lifespan of 25 hours per battery change
  • However, other wireless signals may interfere with the headset and the tower which my friends have experienced so make sure that isn't a problem in your house

• by Micah

I received my x41 headset from a friend of mine for a birthday present that he used before he gave it to me. Apparently he had the headset for about 2 years and it has been about half a year ever since he gave it to me and I used it almost every day. That is great durability that the headset possesses and it shouldn’t really break easily considering it is a wireless headset.

hours a day, it lasts me a fairly long time of about 5 days which means it has a lifespan of 25 hours per battery change.

Note* I never used rechargeable batteries and always new ones in those big 24 battery packs so it might be different if you are using rechargeable ones.

The sound quality of the x41 headsets are great and because it was my first ever headset for Xbox360 games, it made a huge difference in how I hear and play the game. Sounds I never knew existed were introduced to me when I put the headset on and it greatly improved my game play because ...

• it was like having an enhanced sense. The mic attached to the headset gave me no trouble on how it projected my voice and it is rare for crackling noises from other headsets due to the fact that it is wireless. However, other wireless signals may interfere with the headset and the tower which my friends have experienced so make sure that isn’t a problem in your house. If there are no interference’s then you have crisp, clear quality of audio on a fairly light headset that is comfortable enough to have for long periods of time. If you like music and you can play music through your Xbox360,
        it has great bass as it covers your ears which give a great feel to the music you listen to.

Connecting and using the headset is probably one of the easiest things you can ever have in an electronic, mostly because it is wireless but the tower is USB powered which the Xbox360 already supports with 2 USB slots. The Xbox360 can power the tower and the tower has one other wire which is the optical audio cable. It connects to the optical port on your T.V. which you should have and your done, just turn on your headset and tower and it’ll connect and you are ready to go.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1621071513121031/k2311a0721/7.21.11