Swanson CalciBoost Dietary Supplement
  • They do not give me any side effects, not that I thought they would, and I have been taking them for about a year now, if not longer
  • I plan to keep taking them, so I would recommend them to anyone needing a supplement such as this

• by WendyBird

Vitamin D and Calcium are two of my least-consumed nutrients because my diet is so restrictive that I cannot have the majority of the calcium and V-D rich foods, and since I am photosensitive and cannot tolerate the sun for very long, I do not get much vitamin D from the sun as well. So, I take supplements instead. I take both as a stand alone sometimes, but other times I use Swanson CalciBoost Dietary Supplement. Sometimes, I take both because this multi only contains a little of both, and it doesn’t hurt when added with

the others I take.

These pills are the typical “horse-pill” variety, being about an inch and a half long, and a half an inch long. They are white in color, a bit like milk, and they come as a gel-cap which makes it easier to swallow them. I usually have trouble with these larger pills, and certainly would if this were any other variety but gel-capsules. They also stink super bad, but do not have much of an after-taste.

I take them once a day unless I take my other supplements instead. I switch them up sometimes,

• you see. Each bottle contains 120 capsules, enough for around 4 months, but I usually stretch them out to 5 & 1/2 months, tops. Each softgel contains 50% of the daily value of Vitamin D USP (from fish liver oil) which is 200 IU, and they also contain 60% DV of Calcium (from calcium carbonate) which is 600 mg. There are other ingredients for the softgels such as sunflower oil, gelatin, glycerin, and things of that nature.

for about a year now, if not longer. It’s hard to see if they are making a difference when it comes to my health because it is an inward thing, or something that would show up on blood tests unlike taking a medicine for a cold or something (where you can tell when you get better), but I do know I am no longer deficient of these nutrients (according to lab work). So, they must be helping somewhat. I plan to keep taking them, so I would recommend them to anyone needing a supplement such as this.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3420071513020731/k2311a0720/7.20.11