Swanson High Potency Soft Multiple without Iron  » Health  »
  • There are so many vitamins and minerals in these pills, and some are a little over-kill, in my opinion
  • The best thing, to me, is that they do not contain Iron
  • I would recommend them to anyone needing a good daily supplement

• by WendyBird

I take a lot of vitamins because my hypoglycemic diet is so restrictive and I cannot get all of my vitamins from food anymore. I take a lot of solo vitamins, such as C and Vitamin D, but I also take a multi-vitamin. However, I only take them every other day because I don’t want to get too much because of my taking certain stand-alone vitamins. It’s hard to explain my logic, but it worked out on paper. Anyway, I cannot tolerate multi-vitamins that contain Iron because it kills my stomach and makes me end up bringing up the vitamin, so I always buy Swanson High Potency Soft Multiple without Iron. I only recently started using this one, having replaced another Swanson multi-vitamin because this one had much more

potency in it.

These pills are beyond foul when it comes to how they smell. Opening a bottle is like sticking my head in an old garbage can, and they do not improve upon taste. Thank goodness they are gel caplets, even if they are a foreboding black color, because I wouldn’t be able to tolerate a chalky type of pill because it would leave a much more unpleasant after-taste. These are really large, but the gel coating helps them go down easier.

There are so many vitamins and minerals in these pills, and some are a little over-kill, in my opinion. Still, it’s good to get a pill that has over the daily value because our bodies do not absorb all of it and actually expel most of it. So,

• I don;t freak out when I see that this has 3,333% DV of Thiamine or 500% of Manganese. some of the other vitamins and minerals are Vitamins A, E, B-6, B-12, C, & D, Riboflavin, Niacin, Folic Acid, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid USP, Calcium, Iodine USP, Magnesium, Zinc, Copper, Selenium, Chromium, and Molybdenum. With the exception of Calcium (20%) and Magnesium (25%), these are all 100% DV or well over. The best thing, to me, is that they do not contain Iron. Iron, I have to take in a gentle formula because I will get sick otherwise. But, the combos of these minerals and vitamins do not make me sick to my stomach at all. I get absolutely no side effects whatsoever.

They are really nice pills, Swanson, and

are one of my favorite brands and can be found at health stores. They are a little pricey, but since I’ve been taking them and the others, I do not stay sick as often as I did and having various health problems and deficiencies prior to taking pills, and now I am no longer deficient in certain vitamins, and my immune system seems to be a lot stronger since I do not get sick as often as I used to. I can go a good 8 months now without a sniffle. So, I will keep taking these vitamins since my lab work always comes back good now, and they give me the vitamins and minerals that I cannot get otherwise. I would recommend them to anyone needing a good daily supplement.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3420071513000731/k2311a0720/7.20.11