Garnier Pure Clean Shampoo  » Health  »
2.0
  • This shampoo only retails for about $4 so it was definitely affordable enough for me to take a risk by purchasing it
  • Overall, I think this shampoo is okay although I honestly believe that it does not deserve all of the hype that surrounds it
  • My hair is naturally dry but I have never noticed any dryness resulting from me using my regular shampoo
  • I have relaxed African American hair and I usually shampoo or clarify my hair once a week since oiliness has never been an issue for me
  • I would not recommend this product for anyone else to try

• by Simply_Fabulous

I am someone who is very cautious about the products that I use in my hair. As a result, I was very excited to try this shampoo when it first came out. I have a lot of friends who rave about how much better sulfate free shampoos are on their hair, but I never really had much of a desire to purchase any of those products because they are either too expensive or something I would have to order online.

This shampoo only retails for about $4 so it was definitely affordable enough for me to take a risk by purchasing it. Overall, I think this shampoo is okay although I honestly believe that it does not deserve all of the hype that surrounds it.

For anyone who might be unfamiliar with this new line from Garnier, it is designed to be free of sulfates and parabens which can dry out the hair and leave build up after use over a period of time. Sulfate free shampoos are supposed to be more gentle on the hair since they do not contain the harsh detergents that traditional shampoos do. My hair is naturally dry but I have never noticed any dryness resulting from me using my regular shampoo.

I really do not have much use for this product to be honest. I have relaxed African American hair and I usually shampoo or clarify my hair once a week since oiliness has never ...

• Garnier Pure Clean Shampoo
      been an issue for me. In between shampoos, I cowash or conditioner wash my hair (usually every other day) and this shampoo does very little to remove the buildup that usually results from the conditioners and styling products that I use.

I will not say that this product has been a complete waste of my money, but I definitely do not plan on ever repurchasing this product again. Maybe it is better suited for people who are already used to sulfate

free products. In my opinion, this product is simply not cleansing enough, especially if you are someone suffering from oily hair.

Based on my experience, I would rate this product a 4 out of 10. It really did not do anything that it promised and surprisingly it left my hair feeling nasty. I would not recommend this product for anyone else to try. The only real positive that I can say about this shampoo is that it smells good.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3420071512890731/k2311a0720/7.20.11