Curly’s Vegetarian Lunch  » Restaurants  »
328 E 14th St., New York, NY 10003
  • I love Mexican food and this was very appealing
  • I decided on the burger with chili and cheese, which also came with an order of delicious curly fries
  • So next time I will definitely head back to Curly's for Mexican time

• by Mindmatters

This is the first vegetarian place I ate at when I moved to New York City. If you are a meat lover and need a break from it, this is a great place to start eating vegetarian food.

There are so many choices to choose from and I had to read the menu 3 times before deciding on something. The thing for me that stood out on the menu was the section called, Curly’s Mexican Lunch. I love Mexican food and this was very appealing.

Too bad I did not try something from this section because I had Mexican the night before. I really had a taste for American food and that is exactly what I got.

I decided on the burger with chili and cheese, which also came with an order of delicious curly fries. I have to say that the vegan burger was just okay. The chili was dry and so it made the whole burger taste dry. So I added a mountain of ketchup and mustard to it ...

• so it could slide down my throat better. The basic burger or avocado with jack cheese is what I should have chosen. I love that I was able to choose from a variety of cheeses such as regular (dairy), soy or vegetable. Maybe it was the soy cheese I had chosen that made the burger dry. At least the fries were good and packed with flavor. The fries are terribly addicting and I had to beg my friend to help me eat them so I
        wouldn’t finish the whole thing.

The bad thing about this place is that they have maybe 6 tables and no room to breath. People are constantly walking by your table and bumping into it. My table was entirely too small. A lot of people walk in just to order take-out, but then there is no place for them to wait for their food.

So next time I will definitely head back to Curly’s for Mexican time. I have a feeling that I will enjoy something from that section much better.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 720071512750631/k2311a0720/7.20.11