Rec Movie  » Movies  »
  • I guess I can say I learned new ways to curse in Spanish
  • However, I found the darkness part a little cliched, but I think the creature at the end was done well for the acting and special effects in terms of makeup and whatnot

• by wickeddude12

This movie came out a while ago but I am reviewing it because I would like to view Spanish films from Spain to improve my understanding of the language.

First off, I have to say that at the beginning, this movie did help me with my Spanish, with a myriad of words and vocabulary which I welcomed. The characters spoke slowly and clearly. However, after the introduction ended, the dialogue became a lot of screaming, fast talking, and so much swearing. I guess I can say I learned new ways to curse in Spanish.

About that point concerning the dialogue, the main character woman was

just screaming, yelling, breathing and talking too loud and too much. When you are fighting off zombies and they do not know where you are, you want to try to be as quiet as possible. I was like: “If you keep opening your mouth, you will get killed.”

I do have to say the stunts were very well done coming from many different actors and actresses of different size, weight and gender. There were barely any special effects if any at all. The blood seemed a little fake to me, but it might have been because I had a hard time suspending my ...

• disbelief in this film.

My criticisms were that I had a hard time suspending my disbelief, that this type of horror has been done before in many zombie films like 28 Days Later, and that the POV from a video camera also has been done like in the Blair Witch Project. I also found that I could predict which shots would be upcoming in the film, so it was kind of predictable and I knew when to look away from the screen or when the jump scare would come. That is another thing. The scary scenes were basically just timed to make you jump.

The only truly scary part was at the end when they bring in the religious aspect and also the emaciated character that hunts them down in the darkness. However, I found the darkness part a little cliched, but I think the creature at the end was done well for the acting and special effects in terms of makeup and whatnot.

All in all, this was an OK movie for me. However, some people loved this film so I guess it is your preference. If you like scary movies, try Rec and you just might like it more than me and maybe even a lot more.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1120071512700631/k2311a0720/7.20.11