Vita-Mix Blender  » Housewares  »
  • If you want a cheap blender, go get a Kitchen-Aid, but if you want a high performance, industrial-grade blender, you can definitely take a look at a Vitamix blender
  • I believe we paid between 700-1000 CAD for it, which I thought was absurd
  • I think it can handle coarser ingredients
  • If the blender came with stainless steel containers, it would be a lot better (though it would cost at least a hundred dollars more)
  • All in all I would highly recommend this blender if you are looking for a reliable, powerful and quality blender

• by wickeddude12

Price This is by no means a cheap blender. If you want a cheap blender, go get a Kitchen-Aid, but if you want a high performance, industrial-grade blender, you can definitely take a look at a Vitamix blender. I remember we bought this around 5 to 7 years ago and it was one of the most expensive kitchen appliances we had invested in at the time. I believe we paid between 700-1000 CAD for it, which I thought was absurd. However, we were in for a very powerful blender.

Performance This blender is a powerful beast. It can heat up liquids in the container through friction from the blades alone if left on for long enough and at a high

enough power. The blender has at least a couple of horsepower which is incredible if you think about it. You are blending food that a couple of horses’ work could accomplish. As a result, you can make the smoothest mixtures. You can even blend whole ingredients that are not even chopped and make a warm soup right from the blender.

Reliability This thing has lasted as long as we have had it. It is an absolute beast. This blender is a serious industrial-grade piece of hardware and if I had to open up a juice/smoothie shop, I bet it would work just the same as it has so far in private use.

Customer service The customer service is excellent.

• Since they know you paid a premium price for a premium product from the beginning, they will send and ship you small parts for nothing. We were missing one of the rubber legs of the blender and they just sent us a couple in the mail. That is why it pays off to pay a bit more at the beginning to get great service over the lifetime of the blender.

Extras We were given a recipe book that includes recipes for soups, smoothies and other drinks that all can be made from the VitaMix. Though you can find many of these types of recipes just from Google, the booklet is a nice addition to the entire product. I also like how

we were given a second container with a modified blade at the bottom. I think it can handle coarser ingredients. It worked as it should for things we wanted to blend into a smoother mixture.

Downsides There are things I would like to see improved. Since the containers are made of plastic, over time there are stains of wear and dullness that affect the transparency of the container. It makes it seem dirty even though it is not and its just not a pleasant aesthetic sight. If the blender came with stainless steel containers, it would be a lot better (though it would cost at least a hundred dollars more).

All in all I would highly recommend this blender if you are looking for a reliable, powerful and quality blender.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5320071512450631/k2311a0720/7.20.11