Iphone 3GS  » Phones  »
  • I know that many people now have an Iphone and they are either lusted after by people who don’t want to pay the price for 1, or flashed about by people who have 1
  • I paid £389 for the telephone and that just gave me the phone and the sim card
  • Lots of the Apps are free, other can cost quite a lot, but most of mine were free and I’ve only paid for the odd 1 which was only 59p or £1.19
  • With my top up plan I get 300 texts and 500MB Internet per month, so I can get online with it no problem, but find that sometimes it can be a bit slow, but perhaps I’m not getting the full benefit of the Internet
  • It’s great and I know if this were to break then I would definitely want a new 1

• by itsme59

I know that many people now have an Iphone and they are either lusted after by people who don’t want to pay the price for 1, or flashed about by people who have 1. I do know of a few Iphone haters out there, but each to their own and all that. I’ve had mine for nearly a year after wanting 1 for a very long time, but weighing up the pros and cons about getting 1. lack of money was mostly my con!

This review is about the Iphone 3GS. Iphone first came out with the 3G, then this 1 came out a good while ago. Apparently the 3GS gives all that the 3G gives, but the Internet is quicker on the 3GS. I have never tried a 3G, and know it can lag on my 1, but that could be for a different reason altogether, which I will go into.

You can buy these on contract and pay as you go. This is just the UK information since I live in the UK and don’t know of any other countries way of working things. The price of the Contract phones have dropped recently for this. Obviously the Iphone 4 has been out for nearly a year as well, so perhaps this is now going to be an “old” phone. You can pick up Monthly contracts for these for

£20, but you must keep the contract for 24 months and you don’t get all that many minutes and texts for that. The contracts can go as high as £60 a month. I chose to just buy mine outright as I have never had a contract phone and don’t want to be tied into paying for a bill for all that length of time. At least with pay as you go if I can’t afford to top up 1 month then I just don’t use it. I paid £389 for the telephone and that just gave me the phone and the sim card. I wanted to use my own number, which was easy enough to transfer over.

So now onto the important part – which is the phone.

I got this in Black as I’m not keen on the white ones. The box I got it in was quite small, but it only had the phone, a USB lead, a plug so you can charge it and the information about it. You have to charge this when you first get it which is annoying as you just want to play with your new toy.

This is a full touch screen phone. There is only a few buttons on here. At the bottom of it there is the main button that you will use which lights the screen up. The phone ...

• locks its self, but you just swipe your finger over the screen to open it. There is the power button on the top which you hold to switch off and the only other buttons are the volume buttons which are on the side.

When you first get this you will only have 1 screen of icons. This is just the essential things like Settings, Calander, Utilities, Note Pad, Address Book, Text, Phone, everything else that you want you will have to add yourself, which is easy enough.

When you first get this you will have to plug this into your computer and this will add Itunes. Also there is the App store which is on the front screen and that is where you get your apps. Apps are Games and fun things that you can download onto the Phone and this will go onto other screens. They leave a little square on your screen and you just click them to get into them. I’ve got about 100 of them and they are a fun way to spend 10 minutes if you are bored and needing something to do. Lots of the Apps are free, other can cost quite a lot, but most of mine were free and I’ve only paid for the odd 1 which was only 59p or £1.19.

So how does this work as a phone. Yes, it

is alright. It seems to be loud enough and although it all may seem a bit complicated, once you get used to this it is easy enough.

You can go online with this, but I mentioned about a slower connection with mine. With Contract phones you get Unlimited Wifi connection, and I can add this feature on my phone for £10 a month. It will work through my own broadband connection, but if I go outside then it would often charge me a lot from my balance. With my top up plan I get 300 texts and 500MB Internet per month, so I can get online with it no problem, but find that sometimes it can be a bit slow, but perhaps I’m not getting the full benefit of the Internet. Who knows.

So it all sounds good and a fun thing. Is there any problems with this? The Battery life isn’t great. I have to charge mine every day. Not that it is flat, but I probably use anything from 60% to 90% a day. I am always playing with this as it is still fun even after nearly a year.

Yes this has a high price tag, but I still think it is 1 of those worthwhile things if you are into your gadgets. It’s great and I know if this were to break then I would definitely want a new 1.

Iphone 3GS

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3720071512440631/k2311a0720/7.20.11