Swanson Supreme C Complex Vitamins  » Health  »
  • I would recommend them to anyone wanting to take Vitamin C supplements

• by WendyBird

Because my diet (hypoglycemic) is so restrictive when it comes to the foods I can eat, I do not get all of my Vitamins from my food. And so, I take a large amount of vitamins daily just to make sure I get all that I am lacking. Vitamin C is one such nutrient that I lack since I cannot have my usual juices every day, so I take Swanson Supreme C Complex Vitamins daily.

Vitamin C is pretty awesome in that it helps boost the immune system, something that I desperately need because mine is so poor, and it helps prevent a lot of colds and such, too. I

only take this vitamin once a day because I also take a multi-vitamin that also contains Vitamin C, so I get quite a bit of it. These pills stink so bad, almost like horse feed, if you can imagine, and they do not improve with the taste. They are also fairly large but they are capsules and I find them easier to go down than tablets.

Each capsule contains 500 mg (833% DV) of Vitamin C USP, as well as 500mg of Citrus Bioflavonoid Complex and 50mg of Rutin (from buckwheat). It has a couple of other ingredients such as gelatin, a little plant fiber, and silica because they have ...

• to make the capsules out of something, I suppose. As a stand alone supplement, this would be sufficient for just taking once a day, for a day’s dose of Vitamin C. I sometimes slack up and do not take this particular one every day because, as I mentioned, I get it from another supplement, but it’s one that doesn’t really matter because of the amount that someone would intake just from 1 pill.

I do have to take a lot of water with them because of their size, and I am not fond of giant pills, but they’re not too hard to get down. I store them in a

cabinet of sorts at room temperature as directed, and I also like that they have a long shelf life (over a year from date of manufacture). It’s also pretty cool that they put the manufacture date on the bottle, so I won’t end up buying some store’s old stock that they didn’t replace.

They’re pretty great, and they do keep me healthier. I can actually be around sick people and not catch what they’re coughing and sneezing into the air (whereas before I started taking supplements, I would catch a cold or sickness just by passing by someone who sneezed). I would recommend them to anyone wanting to take Vitamin C supplements.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3419071512371031/k2311a0719/7.19.11