Revlon Fantasy Lengths Self-adhesive False Eyelashes
2.5
  • I saw the self-adhesive false eyelashes from Revlon, and for an occasional falsies wearer like me, that definitely gave eyelash glue a run for its money
  • I think this self-adhesive concept in false eyelashes is either fantastic (a
  • I’d recommend the product in case you want to bypass the hassle of using glue and want to wear it once – only

• by jhunie

Last summer, I was game to try false eyelashes for fun. I saw the self-adhesive false eyelashes from Revlon, and for an occasional falsies wearer like me, that definitely gave eyelash glue a run for its money.

The first time I wore them out, I remarked that I would be so digging these false eyelashes! They were comfortable, and I breezed through the process of sticking the lashes on my lash line. The length was over a few millimeters, so I had to cut it shorter to fit my eyes. I said, “That was fast!” You just hold the lashes on each end, and place it along the lash line. The adhesive firmly held the false eyelashes in place. It didn’t fall off the whole time. The falsies gave my eyes staggering definition. It was beyond what my mascara and eyelash curler could achieve.

Revlon has a variety of false eyelashes, and I tried this one in Defining.

The lashes are arranged in a believable, natural design and evenly spaced out. The other designs were quite dramatic, and I was afraid some of those lengthy wisps might appear like a uni-lash when set them upon my natural lashes. I was right in choosing this type, as it truly defines the shape of my eyes. I adore the winged tip of this pair very much. The outer corner has the perfect flare that no eyelash curler could probably create. The curl, although it was too high to touch my brows, camouflaged nicely with my natural lashes.

At the second time I wore these falsies, the adhesive was already weak. The false eyelashes, on both ends, would peel off after much blinking, and the strip itself was not in good shape, quite literally. How do I revive these seemingly lifeless lashes? It dawned upon me that the product actually included another adhesive strip. My next objective then was to ...

• fasten the strip. The self adhesive strip was insubstantial and tricky to align along the flimsy band of lashes. It was a learning curve equally as tricky as applying glue on false eyelashes. I suppose I failed to do the strip justice; I kept tugging it on and off. Doubtful as to whether I securely fixed the thing or not, I stubbornly wore the false eyelashes anyway. Not an hour passed, and I could feel the weight of the lashes on my eyes. The lashes were coming off, and I’m amused to recall the lashes fringing my vision. The falsies bugged me nonstop. I would give them a quick test to check if the lashes were still intact by blinking my eyes several times. If the lashes stayed, then good. Alas. When I did that again, the left one finally fell. I repeat, it fell off! After that devastating second round, the false eyelashes
        were unusable.

I think this self-adhesive concept in false eyelashes is either fantastic (a. the first time) or a bogus (b. the second time). Between this and that, it’s apparent to me that this product is still underdeveloped or, in other words, half-baked. It definitely works the first time, but the adhesive strips Revlon provided are not the niftiest, let alone easy to attach; unless you’re probably deft-handed at doing it (and you’re willing to effort on that, despite that these are supposed to be self – take note: autonomous – adhesive falsies), then I say congratulations! But in light of the lash-fall episode, I don’t feel very confident anymore to wear these lashes, even if they were new. But to be fair, the falsies are technically self-adhesive for the first time you wear them. The price runs 6 dollars and maybe less. I’d recommend the product in case you want to bypass the hassle of using glue and want to wear it once – only.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3119071512140931/k2311a0719/7.19.11