Kobo Touch E-Reader  » Electronics  »
  • I suggest that you only turn the wireless on when you want to download a new book
  • I found that even older books are in the library as well
  • It supports quite a few file formats, so that is what I like most about this product
  • I actually like the reading experience on the Kobo Touch
  • A problem I did notice is that the back of the ereader heats up a little bit

• by MisterTickle

The Kobo Touch is the new and improved ereader by Kobo. This ereader features a 2 gigabytes internal memory, which can store thousands of ebooks. I will never run out of space again. It has a 7 inch fully touch screen navigation for easier control. It has a wireless N adapter for web browsing and over the internet ebook streaming and downloading. According to the specifications, the battery life is one month, which I find unbelievable.

To start off with, the battery life is not one month. The battery life is closer to two weeks. It actually depends on how much time you spend on the Kobo Touch. I

usually read maybe half an hour to one and a half hours per day. I sometimes read longer and sometimes shorter. To me, this ereader lasts two weeks or so on a single charge. I find that the battery drains faster when the wireless in turned on or when the wireless is in use. I suggest that you only turn the wireless on when you want to download a new book. Turn the wireless off during reading time. This will save a lot of battery life.

The book library is huge. I did not come across a book that was not in the library. I found that even older ...

• books are in the library as well. What surprised me is that I can get books from other resources. I can download and copy PDF files or TXT files and read them on this ereader. It supports quite a few file formats, so that is what I like most about this product.

I actually like the reading experience on the Kobo Touch. The ereader is very light so I can easily hold it in one hand. I swipe my finger to change the page and I can also bookmark the page as well. The good thing about this ereader is that it comes with a dictionary. I can look

up unknown words and also insert my own comments. A problem I did notice is that the back of the ereader heats up a little bit. It becomes extremely warm. This is awkward when holding this ereader for a long time.

The last great feature about this ereader is that there is an account and I can read on various sources. I can read on the computer and then continue reading on the ereader. There is an account and I simply log in to track my reading. As long as I can access my account, then I can read anywhere. Enough said, this is definitely a buy. It costs only $149.99.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1619071512130931/k2311a0719/7.19.11