Freshlook Colorblends Contact Lenses in Amethyst  » Cosmetics  »
  • So I believe this would come out differently on someone with lighter eye color, maybe more bluish than purple
  • Brown has been a safe color for me to wear, albeit boring
  • They don’t catch too much attention, and that’s how I like them
  • If you have dark eyes like mine and blue is too ostentatious a color to wear, I recommend trying Amethyst

• by jhunie

I was bored of wearing the same color of contact lenses for the longest time. When you’re born with brown eyes, and you wear a vibrant brown shade of contacts – that’s just redundant! I’d like to alter my eye color without alienating myself. I have a strong desire for colors with bluish tones, but found them unnatural. This time, I went for Freshlook Colorblends in a shade called Amethyst.

Buying colored cosmetic lenses can be a hit or miss. Determining the genuine color of the contacts is tentatively based upon how it fares with your natural eye color, so what’s blue for me could be gray for some. I don’t fancy blue contacts that much because they’re very obvious, nor a dusty gray shade, which looks scary and over the top on my eyes. Alternatively, I wavered between brown and amethyst; my decision to choose the latter was so spot-on! Amethyst must have been what Elizabeth Taylor’s eyes looked like: violet.

The shade of the contacts is a cross between gray and blue or a fusion of both colors. It is a lightly saturated blue, which appears like purple on my dark eyes. I don’t think this specific color is heavily tinted like a vibrant blue. In fact, every time I examine the contacts closer, they are semi-translucent. So I believe this would come out differently on someone with lighter eye color, maybe more bluish than purple. It sometimes registers a pinkish hue in a different light. In photos with flash, the contacts can at times look gray.

I’m so over the moon whenever I wear these lenses. Brown has been a safe color for me to wear, albeit boring. Amethyst just looks very flattering – mainly for the reason that it looks natural, with just a touch of blue. Amethyst is a natural beauty. Adding to its natural flair is the true-to-life size of the lenses. The size of the ...

• contacts is not overtly accentuated, unlike other types with a black rim encircling the lens. If, however, you wish to define your eyes, this wouldn’t enlarge them to your liking. They don’t catch too much attention, and that’s how I like them. The lenses are barely obvious, and in most instances, it takes a while for people to notice that I’m wearing cosmetic lenses. I’d quiz them about the color of my lenses, and purple is usually everyone’s guess. Although I find Amethyst an ambiguous shade, majority describes it as purple. So I’ll stick to that.

This afforded me my first time to try Freshlook’s contact lenses. I’m a little sensitive to some, and I’ll state with conviction that Freshlook is one of the few that suits me. The lenses are comfortable, and my eyes can breathe in them. I can wear them longer than 8 hours without drying up. I’ve worn other contacts that have dense pigments, which obstructs my

vision. I didn’t have problems like that in this pair, and it’s lightweight: you wouldn’t feel the lenses adding weight on your eyes. The price of Colorblends (20 dollars) run twice higher than the cheaper Geo lenses (only 8 dollars), but I’d gladly pay more for the quality of Freshlook contacts. It’s also recommended to me by my optometrist.

Now to the stats, a pair lasts 30 days technically. I don’t get to wear this every day. But the contacts can be worn longer for 3 months, actually. I’m on my second month, and obviously it’s way past the 30 day period, yet the contacts are just as wearable as new. They just require more time to cleanse. I find the contacts to be most comfortable after a full day of soaking them in cleansing solution, before I can wear them again. If you have dark eyes like mine and blue is too ostentatious a color to wear, I recommend trying Amethyst.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3118071511900731/k2311a0718/7.18.11