Tesco Lomond Cutlery Set  » Housewares  »
1.0
  • I decided to get my self a cutlery set so that I didn't have to wash up three times a day
  • I was not at all impressed over the weeks that followed as another two table spoons broke and three forks were bent and pretty much unusable
  • If you're looking for hard wearing reliable cutlery then I would certainly not recommend this set

• by Andy Richards

My cutlery draw had been looking a little bare, with only a few knives and forks and a couple of modest spoons. I decided to get my self a cutlery set so that I didn’t have to wash up three times a day. I went to Tesco to see what I could get for under fifteen pounds.

I managed to find a smart looking set of 16 pieces which included some table spoons and some tea spoons. The set was entitled ‘Tesco Lomond Cutlery Set’, and was priced at £12.

Upon taking

the items out of the bag I realised that they were not as sturdy as I had first thought. I was hoping for something strong so that when I was trying to dig at hard ice cream or cutting through a thick steak they wouldn’t bend.

This set did exactly that. I snapped a table spoon the same night that I brought the set just trying to get a little ice cream! I was not at all impressed over the weeks that followed as another two table spoons broke and three forks ...

• were bent and pretty much unusable.

I’ve never really used as bad cutlery as this, I’ve never had spoons snap the day I got them and I have worked as a chef for some time. One good thing about this set is that the knives are ok, something that will last for a decent amount of time I hope.

If you’re looking for hard wearing reliable cutlery then I would certainly not recommend this set. I’m sure Tesco do some better cutlery but this particular set was really bad.

I though

I was going to save some money by purchasing this reasonably priced set but in fact, I’ve lost money because I’ve since had to go out and but a brand new set of more expensive knives and forks to make up for the broken ones. This is not a good product and I would steer clear of it at all costs.

Certainly do not think of using these in bulk for a business or even for a big family. They will not serve you well and you will likely end up wasting hard earned cash.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5318071511530731/k2311a0718/7.18.11