Mycoban antifungal Ointment  » Medicine  »
  • It is an over the counter medicine,which i bought from a pharmacy
  • I do recommend it for mild fungal infections of skin

• by sweety
      Mycoban antifungal Ointment works well. It is an over the counter medicine,which i bought from a pharmacy. The pharmacist recommended it to me.

I had mild jock itch . It was just difficult to

walk .

So i aplied th cream. The cream has to be applied 2 times for about 10 days.

Within 2 days ,the itch disappeared. But it can to be used for about 10 ...

sophia Tan says :

my baby is 4 mth old, there is this red round patches which look like ringworm to me .. can baby as young as 4 mths old use this product ? but it stated that this product is poisonous , i m afraid that my baby will rub his cheeek accidentally eat this product as he keeps putting his hands into his mouth lately.i have actually brought my baby to see a doctor and have apply the cream given by the doctor but no use.. 2mths of application no result Pls advise .. thks.

catheriena says :

i would not advice u give a baby of that age something poiseness their skin also very sensitive go back to your doctor and ask for something else

Galega says :

Mycoban Antifungal Ointment is not intended to be used on infant. It can be disastrous. You should stay away from this idea.

I would suggest you to again consult the pediatrician and discuss the problem. Or, you can Terbinafine, which is suitable for infant. It is widely prescribed by pediatrician for the treatment of variety of fungal infections. It should work for your baby.

H K Tay says :

After 20 over months of suffering some “discharge” at my penis which my GP and urologist thought to be some form of bacterial condition, application of MYCOBAN over two days did the trick. It was prescribed to me at a skin clinic of which a fungal condition was diagnosed. Symptoms of this condition included a`brittle’ foreskin prone to bleeding.

I was advised not to use anti-bacterial soaps like Dettol during the application of this ointment. Bacteria and fungi somehow do not thrive together.

hihihi says :

i tried mycoban cream, but my ringworm just gets bigger… Going to try another brand

Galega says :

You should use it three times a day. Remember to use it only on the affected area.

Depending on the nature of the problem, it may take up to three days to show any result. You should wait till this time before changing the brand.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261804151150430/k2311a0418/4.18.07