Innersense Organic Beauty, Sweet Spirit Leave in Conditioner 8.5 oz  » Health  »
  • These products also come in handy on days when I need to refresh the style, especially if I wear my hair with curls (wet look curls, particularly) I like to use organic and natural products
  • I like the idea of less exposure to chemicals and toxins, and they tend to be very interesting too– you see things in the natural market that you would just never see in Walmart or the department stores
  • Perhaps not the most expensive rinse out, or the most rich, but definitely on par with most average conditioners, and I was pretty impressed with that result from a leave in
  • Sometimes this has been a problem with leave in products

• by reviewabit

I usually use a regular rinse out conditioner on my hair, but sometimes, especially if I want extra volume and don’t need to condition right away, I use a leave in spray conditioner. These products also come in handy on days when I need to refresh the style, especially if I wear my hair with curls (wet look curls, particularly) I like to use organic and natural products. I like the idea of less exposure to chemicals and toxins, and they tend to be very interesting too– you see things in the natural market that you would just never see in Walmart or the department stores. The Innersense leave in conditioner was one that I just picked at random, although I did like the smell– I

have to admit that was a major factor in the choice.

“Sweet Spirit” is made with certified organic ingredients, including herbs, essential oils, and flower essences. There are no artificial ingredients like fake fragrances or colors, sulfates, or petrochemicals. The product contains antioxidants as well as ingredients to smooth and condition the hair.

I first used the product on my hair while wet. I had just washed it with an organic shampoo that had a similar type of scent (although this one was better!) I sprayed it liberally into my hair, and worked it through with my fingers. It instantly added a soft feel to the hair, a little bit of silkiness, and some body– as well as a great smell.

I dried my hair and had ...

• a look at the results. I would honestly say, this product did as good of a job at conditioning my hair as a rinse out conditioner would have. Perhaps not the most expensive rinse out, or the most rich, but definitely on par with most average conditioners, and I was pretty impressed with that result from a leave in.

My hair had shine and bounce, and the conditioner did not take away any body. Sometimes this has been a problem with leave in products. They will sometimes weigh the hair down and defeat the efforts of volumizing shampoos.

This is a huge problem for me because my hair is thinning and I need all the volume I can get. While I can’t say

that this product added any noticeable volume to the dry hair, at least it did not subtract any. The real test would be later, when I put another layer onto my hair while dry.

This “freshen up” phase came later in the day. I sprayed the product only lightly this time, and used my fingers to scrunch up the ends and bangs. I was quite happy with the results.

It didn’t weigh my hair down, and I did not notice any buildup from using it. My hair still looked shiny and healthy, and had plenty of body. (Or at least as much as my hair can produce) I would recommend this spray to anyone looking for a light weight, gentle and natural alternative to chemical based leave in conditioners.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3417071510950931/k2311a0717/7.17.11