Nature’s Secret Multi-Fiber Cleanse Fiber Supplement 275 ct  » Health  »
  • I thought this product was interesting when I saw it, so I gave it a try
  • The creators of the product seem to work on the principle that all body systems are connected, and I agree with this
  • This seemed like a bit much, as I am pretty happy with one movement a day, considering my battles with irritable bowel syndrome, so I decided to just try the two a day and see how it went
  • Other than that, I was happy with the results
  • I would certainly recommend this for anyone with bowel issues

• by reviewabit

I take a fiber supplement to help keep the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome under control. It also helps manage my blood sugar levels and lowers cholesterol as well, and helps to keep my appetite under control so that I eat less. I have taken a variety of different types and forms of fiber supplement, and most of them work pretty well.

I thought this product was interesting when I saw it, so I gave it a try. It is not very expensive at all, and it not only supplies fiber, but also adds a long list of homeopathic herbs that support regularity.

The ingredients list is pretty comprehensive for a fiber product. It has psyllium seed husk, like most fiber products, and it also has cascara sagrada powder,

fennel powder, ginger powder, acacia gum, alfalfa powder, apple pectin powder, red raspberry powder, apple powder, barley grass powder, beet powder, glucomannan, karaya gum, lemon peel powder, oat bran powder, slippery elm powder, peppermint powder, chlorella powder, guar gum, and lastly, the probiotic lactobacillus acidophilus.

I recognized a few of the ingredients as ones I have used before in various products. Slippery elm has been recommended to me for digestion issues, as has ginger (I have used it for nausea) and chlorella, which is a type of algae that I have also used before.

This really looked like a good line up, and I felt better about it than I do for most products of this type. The creators of the product seem to work on the principle that all body systems are ...

• connected, and I agree with this.

I was to take one tablet in the morning and one at night, then increasing gradually every other day until I had two to three bowel movements a day. This seemed like a bit much, as I am pretty happy with one movement a day, considering my battles with irritable bowel syndrome, so I decided to just try the two a day and see how it went.

The one thing I really did not like about this product was the size of the pills. They were pretty big and difficult to swallow.

Other than that, I was happy with the results. The first couple of days were a little questionable, as I started to have a bit of gas, but there

were no other side effects, and I had a “regular” bowel day with no problems.

For the first week, I was happy with two tablets a day. After that, things got a little more sluggish, so I increased the dose to three per day, and that seemed to make things too active– so I went back to the two a day and it seemed to level off by itself.

I would certainly recommend this for anyone with bowel issues. The only reason I have not continued on it is because the fiber alone seems to do a better job of reducing cholesterol and helping my appetite than this product does, so there is no need to take both.

If I were only using this for bowel issues, I would still be using it, because it works great.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3417071510930931/k2311a0717/7.17.11