Be Fine Food Skin Care Firming Toner Ginger & Willow Bark 3.4oz
  • I like using a toner during the day for a quick freshen up if I don’t have time to wash my face, or don’t want to remove my makeup
  • I found a few cleansers and moisturizers that seemed to be a good balance, but I still wanted the “perfect” toner
  • I enjoyed the toner, and I would rate it as a good toner in general– but it was not the perfect combination I was looking for
  • I would still recommend it though as it is a nice product

• by reviewabit

In the summer, my combination skin can be a real pain. I need to use products that do not clog my pores, can keep away acne, and manage oil– but that also will not dry it out. It seems that the tiniest thing can tip my skin over the balance. I have always had a struggle in the hottest parts of the summer because I would have to use sun block products if I wanted to go outdoors, but they would end up causing acne, and even without sun products, I would get pimples around the time for my period every month.

I have used a lot of acne cleansers and toners. I like using a toner during the day for a quick freshen up if I don’t have time to wash my face,

or don’t want to remove my makeup. Salicylic acid is an ingredient in a lot of the acne and oily skin products I have used, and although it does work, it often irritates my skin and causes itching, dryness and irritation which then leads to even more problems.

In the middle of a major acne crisis one month, I did some research, trying to find something that would work without being so harsh. I found a few cleansers and moisturizers that seemed to be a good balance, but I still wanted the “perfect” toner. I came across the Be Fine Food Firming toner, and was interested in it because of the willow bark.

I did not know it before reading about this product, but willow bark is a source of natural salicylic acid. I ...

• wondered if this toner would be gentler since it was a natural version and not the chemical salicylic acid which is often added in too large of an amount. The product is paraben free, and is not tested on animals.

It has ginger and is supposed to close pores, make the skin firmer, increase circulation, and add antioxidants to fight free radical damage. I was surprised to see a few ingredients that looked like chemicals to me, but they may have been plant sourced. It has witch hazel, and although that is a good ingredient for the face, I wondered if it would smell like witch hazel.

When I first opened it, I was relieved that it had a gentle smell that did not reek of witch hazel. I applied it

after washing my face, and it felt cool and comforting. It did seem to lessen the appearance of pores.

After using it for a couple of weeks, I had to admit that if there was anything resembling salicylic acid in here, it was not making itself known to my skin. I was not having any symptoms like itching or dryness, but it was also not really helping with the acne. I don’t know if it is because it is a different type of the acid, or perhaps if it is due to it being a weak solution.

I enjoyed the toner, and I would rate it as a good toner in general– but it was not the perfect combination I was looking for. I would still recommend it though as it is a nice product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3417071510840931/k2311a0717/7.17.11