Mill Creek Keratin Conditioner Repair Formula 16 oz  » Health  »
  • When my hair was looking a bit dull and drab, I decided to try out a new conditioner
  • The smell was amazing, although it was a bit potent
  • It might not be the best choice for people who are sensitive to strong smells
  • After using the conditioner for about two weeks, I noticed that my hair seemed to be getting a little “heavier” and I knew what had happened
  • Although it did not give me as much volume as I liked, I did think this was a good product over all, and I would recommend it to anyone, as long as they were ok with strong fragrances

• by reviewabit

When my hair was looking a bit dull and drab, I decided to try out a new conditioner. I had just read something about keratin and how good it was for revitalizing hair, so I chose this Mill Creek product. I admit, the fragrance was part of the reason it ended up in my cart. It had a fresh, fruity smell that was very pleasant.

The keratin formula is supposed to give strength to hair, reduce breakage and increase elasticity, and add body and shine. It has panthenol, balsam, and vitamins E and A. The keratin is supposed to coat each individual hair to protect it.

This had me a little concerned that it might cause build up, which can hurt the volume. I have thinning hair so I am very picky about conditioners. If

they don’t add volume, I don’t like them.

The directions called for leaving the conditioner in for one to two minutes, or for more intense conditioning, five to ten minutes. Worried about the effects on volume, I first tried it for just the one minute. When I applied it, it felt soft and smooth in my hair, and it detangled it almost instantly.

The smell was amazing, although it was a bit potent. It will stay in your hair, so you’d better make sure you really like this one! It might not be the best choice for people who are sensitive to strong smells. Although it is listed as “botanical fragrance” I am not sure that if would be considered a natural one or not.

My partner could still smell the conditioner in ...

• my hair the next day. When I rinsed it out, my hair felt very soft and silky. It did not feel like it had added much volume, but I wanted to wait and reserve judgment until I had dried it.

It seemed to take my hair longer to dry, which may have been a good thing if it meant it was holding moisture well. Once it was dry, I looked to see what the results were. My hair looked shiny, silky, and healthy.

It did not have extra volume though. I added a little volumizing mousse, and that got it back to a workable level. Since I was really happy with the first try and the way my hair felt so soft and silky, I decided to leave the conditioner on for the

whole ten minutes for the next use.

It was a little softer, but I don’t really think it was much different than the one-minute treatment. After using the conditioner for about two weeks, I noticed that my hair seemed to be getting a little “heavier” and I knew what had happened. It was build up, which is something that I deal with often because I use a lot of styling products.

I used a clarifying shampoo and gave the conditioner a break for a few days, and then everything was like it was before and the product was working great again. Although it did not give me as much volume as I liked, I did think this was a good product over all, and I would recommend it to anyone, as long as they were ok with strong fragrances.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3417071510740931/k2311a0717/7.17.11