Nature’s Herbs Boswellin Cream Arthritis Pain Relief 4 oz  » Health  »
  • I found that it works very quickly, producing warmth in only seconds, and that it lasts for a long time
  • For days like that, I recommend the patch versions of these kinds of treatments
  • Overall, I think this is a good combination and one that I am surprise hasn’t been thought of before

• by reviewabit

I have fibromyalgia and have tried pretty much any pain relief cream and gel I can find to try. Most of them are decent, and a few are unusual. The Nature’s herb Boswellin cream is a little different because it uses two methods of relief. It contains both capsaicin, and methyl salicylate, also known as oil of wintergreen.

Capsaicin is the substance in peppers that makes them hot, and also helps to stop arthritic pain and other types of pain by deactivating nerve impulses. This is actually based on Ayurvedic tradition as well– the base of the product is Boswellia serrata. Although I do not know much about this substance, it is listed as an inactive ingredient, not an active one.

The menthol action of the wintergreen oil has a warming effect, which

combined with the capsaicin, makes your skin feel warmed and soothed. It almost feels as if it is penetrating the pain, but what is really happening is that it is “tricking” and/or deactivating the sensory nerves. When that nice, warm feeling is felt, it distracts the nerves that were sending pain messages to the brain.

The brain then receives fewer messages, and you feel less pain. For fibromyalgia, where your pain is due to faulty nerve reactions in the first place, this is a perfect way to reduce pain. Capsaicin is so effective on nerves, that it is also used to treat neuropathy symptoms.

The cream itself is light and vanishes when you rub it in. There is a predominant, strong smell of wintergreen, which is the main ingredient that ...

• produces the counter-irritant effect that tricks the nerves. I found that it works very quickly, producing warmth in only seconds, and that it lasts for a long time.

This is a product that you do have to be very careful handling, and wash your hands thoroughly after applying to your skin. The capsaicin, and the wintergreen too, for that matter, will burn like fire if you rub it into your eyes. I used the cream for a leg that hurt, due to fibromyalgia, and an aching back, which was due to a slight strain.

In both cases, it seemed to work well. I applied a very small amount to start with, because I did not know how strong it would be. It is easy to judge menthol strength by

smell, but a little more difficult with the capsaicin.

It turned out to be pretty strong, and I felt the warmth doing its job quickly. I rested my back and leg, and within a couple of hours, I felt better. The cream does not stain and it is not greasy feeling.

The smell is potent but will eventually fade. It is probably not one that you want to wear outside of the house unless you want everyone to know that you are hurting somewhere. For days like that, I recommend the patch versions of these kinds of treatments.

Overall, I think this is a good combination and one that I am surprise hasn’t been thought of before. I would recommend it for general pain conditions of muscles and joints.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3417071510730931/k2311a0717/7.17.11