Nature de France Dry Skin Formula Soap w/ French White Clay 3.5 oz
  • I don’t normally use bar soap in the winter, but when I was taking a two-night trip, I decided to pack some because I did not have a small enough bottle for liquid body wash
  • I needed something for dry skin and it looked interesting
  • I would definitely recommend it for most skin types– just not the winter dry ones

• by reviewabit

I don’t normally use bar soap in the winter, but when I was taking a two-night trip, I decided to pack some because I did not have a small enough bottle for liquid body wash. I chose a Nature de France dry skin soap, as a random choice. I needed something for dry skin and it looked interesting. It has French white clay, which is something I had used in other products before.

It also contains oatmeal and cocoa butter, and “ultramarines. ” I am not sure what those are– perhaps some sort of sea minerals or algae. I was feeling adventurous.

It looks to be a basic glycerin formula, which claims that it will keep the skin’s moisture and natural oils, tighten pores, absorb impurities and excess

oils (isn’t that a contradiction?) And is non-irritating and non-abrasive. It nourishes skin with iron, calcium, magnesium, and silica. (I assume those are from the ultramarines, or perhaps the white clay) I doubted that it would do all those things, but I was happy to see they did not test on animals, and the soap had a nice fresh smell, so I was willing to give it a shot.

When it came time to take my shower, I opened the bar and found that it has a nice smooth shape and feel, and lathered very well. As I washed, there was no hint of irritation from the ingredients or the fragrance, which was light and mild. The smell did not linger on my skin once I rinsed ...

• it off, and I did not feel dry.

I put on some lotion and went about my day. The next day, I used the soap again, and this time I did note a bit of dryness after the shower was over. This is par for the course with me and bar soap during the winter.

I can get away with using whatever I want to in the summer when my skin is oily, but it simply will not cooperate for more than a day or so in the winter without acting up. There are a handful of bar soaps– few and far between– that I can use in cold weather. I am not sure why those are different, but this soap falls into the vast category of

soaps that will dry my skin after a day or so in winter.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with the soap at all– it’s a great soap and I was able to finish using the bar when the weather warmed up, with no dry skin problems. In fact, I really liked it for summer, because the white clay ingredients seemed to help manage oils, while not making my skin feel tight or dry. It was potent enough to handle all the sun block I use, but gentle enough not to cause any dryness or irritation.

So long as it is summer, this soap and I get along just fine. I would definitely recommend it for most skin types– just not the winter dry ones.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3417071510700931/k2311a0717/7.17.11