Hold Mail service of USPS  » General services  »
  • This is one of the best service provided by USPS

• by Mythili Mohan
      This is one of the best service provided by USPS. when we are going out on vacation or any other purpose,there is every chance that our mail box will be flooded with mails.

Prompt cleaning of mail box cannot be done and if we request our nearby we may not sure that they

will do this atleast once in 5 days.

This hold mail service is an excellent service where you can ask them to have your mails with them for a minimum of 3 days to a maximum of 30 days.

you can file for hold mail before 14 days or even on the same ...

• date but should be before some given timings.

There is no need to go to the post office for this.

It can be done online also.

Mostly this facility is available to all the states.

after the end date specified by us the delivery of the mail to our mail box will be resumed.

You can

collect the mails that has been held either from the postoffice or can be from the postman also.

One more good news is that there is no charge for this service.

There is even facility to change the end date when there is any change in your plan.

Wonderful customer friendly and useful service of USPS.

jJohn Weber says :

I came home and my jammed mailbox was empty. I am the only on with a key. Can a mailman take my mail and place in on hold with out my knowledge. Also my check was in the mail box.

Jules Li says :

John, it’s not possible for USPS to hold you mail without your request.

Kay Raymond says :

I placed a hold order and have a confrimaton number of WEH70202152. I need to have my mail delivered two days prior to my original request.

Jules Li says :

Kay, you can use the online tool to manage the delivery of your mail. Here’s a link to the USPS website:

michael zielinski says :

Tried online hold mail. System does not recognize my mail address. I input my address same as used in received mail. My address is 18510 104th KPN, Gig Harbor, WA 98329. We often hold mail because of business travel. On rare occasion online hod mail works. What GIVES?

Marg says :

This is the official USPS to do so:

Richard Jurrens says :

re : This is one of the best service provided by USPS
    Filled out form through the net and found mail falling on the floor when we returned. Attempted to try at another time and was unable to access. Worse than worthless.

Marg says :

I don’t know why you say you can’t access it. You can go here to USPS to have you mail stopped:

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 251704151070630/k2311a0417/4.17.07