Herbatint Super Shampoo Color Treated/Thinning Hair 6.8 oz
1.0
  • I was going through my old shampoo bottles and found one that I bought awhile back, when I had tried out a Herbatint brand hair color
  • I was really surprised and disappointed to see this
  • I don’t recommend it for your hair, especially if you color your hair

• by reviewabit

I have fought a battle with thinning hair for the last few years. No one is sure what the cause is, but it could be many– I am diabetic, have an underactive thyroid, fibromyalgia, and have dealt with a lot of stress. Add to the mix that I am over forty and my hair has been through a lot of chemical processing and coloring. It is the top of my head that is thinning, which is even more distressing as it is obvious.

I have tried a great many products for my hair, and recently stopped using sulfate based shampoos to see if that would help, since some people seem to think that it can cause hair loss as well. I was going through my old shampoo bottles

and found one that I bought awhile back, when I had tried out a Herbatint brand hair color. I bought the shampoo to go with it.

At the time, I just assumed that it was natural, since the hair color was gentle and natural. (And did not cover well. ) I had used the shampoo a few times and found that it was harsh and left my hair feeling dry.

It is supposed to be made for color treated and thinning hair. Although I remembered that it did seem to add some lightness and volume, I ultimately put it on the hold-for-hand-soap shelf because it was making my scalp itchy and my hair look dry and frizzy. I cannot comment as to how well it preserved ...

• color, since the color really didn’t take well in the first place– but I was shocked when I read the back of the label.

This shampoo, presenting itself in the natural category, has as a first ingredient “sodium lauryl sulfate. ” It then listed other ingredients that looked suspiciously like detergent names, and it also listed two paraben preservatives. This annoyed me– and actually caused me to look up the Herbatint hair color on line, because I thought the box I bought said “no parabens.

” I was correct. The Herbatint hair color makes a point of telling you it has no parabens in its hair color, then puts parabens in its shampoo. The shampoo tells you it is made for color treated hair, then you

read that the first ingredient is SLS.

The whole reason some mainstream brands like Loreal are coming out with sulfate free lines of shampoo is because it has become known that harsh detergents like sulfates can fade color! I was really surprised and disappointed to see this. Since I stopped using the bottle of shampoo and certainly won’t be using it now, I demoted it to hand soap. I don’t mind a little SLS in my hand soap.

It works well for that. I can say one thing for it, it lathers really well, as it should, with all the sulfates! It has a nice smell. I’m sure it would make a great dish detergent too.

I don’t recommend it for your hair, especially if you color your hair.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3417071510680931/k2311a0717/7.17.11