Nutra Labs Cinnergen Inc. Cranberry/Cinnamon Liquid Supplement 32 oz  » Health  »
  • With this in mind, I decided to try a product from Nutra Labs that is made from cranberry, cinnamon, and a variety of botanical remedies to help manage blood sugar levels
  • I eventually came across a similar product which cost a lot less, so I stopped using the liquid
  • I would definitely recommend this for someone who wants the liquid form of a product like this rather than capsules

• by reviewabit

Having diabetes has taught me that sometimes the simplest things can do the most wonderful things. With this in mind, I decided to try a product from Nutra Labs that is made from cranberry, cinnamon, and a variety of botanical remedies to help manage blood sugar levels. I had used cinnamon capsules in the past, and got mixed results. One type seemed to work while another inexplicably did not make any difference in my readings.

This product is a liquid, so it gets into the system fast. This is why I wanted to try it with meals, to see if it would stop the spiking that occurs in the period right after I eat. The product contains cinnamon bark, kelp extract, sugar beet, acerola, ginger root, black

cherry extract, blueberry leaf extract, oat seed extract, green tea, cranberry, Irish moss, aloe vera, and digestive enzymes (amylase, protease, lipase, lactase, and cellulase.

) It certainly sounded like something that would help manage those after-meal issues. I started taking a capful before my morning meal. I just used it at one meal to start with, so I could compare the results to the same day’s readings at a meal without the product.

The liquid is pleasant tasting, although tart. It is more palatable if mixed with a little water or juice, but you should really not add carbohydrates to it. I took mine about fifteen minutes before I ate, and took my blood sugar reading thirty minutes after eating and then again at an hour after.

...

• At first, I had some confusing results. One morning the reading would be surprisingly low, and the next morning much closer to what I would expect to get without using the product. This was the case despite the fact that the carbohydrate, fiber and protein content of the food at both meals was approximately the same.

I decided to go a step further and eat the exact same foods in the exact same portions on different days to see if that made a difference. When I did this, my readings were closer together, although there were still days when unknown factors would cause them to differ. Overall, there seemed to be some reduction in the over all levels, so I decided to use a capful

at the evening meal as well as the morning one.

I got similar results to the morning experiment, and I used the product until it was gone. It definitely made a difference. I eventually came across a similar product which cost a lot less, so I stopped using the liquid.

The tablet or capsule form do not work as quickly, but they still work– you just have to take them farther apart time-wise from your meals. Although it is not the most economical choice over all, I do think this is a good product that works and probably does a lot to support the general health as well as the metabolism of glucose. I would definitely recommend this for someone who wants the liquid form of a product like this rather than capsules.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3417071510660931/k2311a0717/7.17.11