Loma Lux Laboratories Acne Pill homeopathic Acne Formula 100ct  » Health  »
0.5
  • One year, I decided to try a new approach
  • With some help from a naturopathic advisor, I found this product made by Loma Lux Labs
  • I noticed that in the inactive ingredients, it listed lactose– so this formula would probably be a bad idea for the lactose intolerant
  • Unfortunately, this product did not seem to have any effect on the acne and oiliness
  • I would love to recommend these as a miracle cure for acne, or even as something that might sort-of-maybe help a little

• by reviewabit

In the summer, I have stubborn oily skin. I often have outbreaks of pimples, especially if I get sweaty, or have to wear a lot of sun block in hot weather. I struggle each year with what treatments to use. It is a delicate balance– the wrong cleanser, moisturizer or toner can undo all progress and send me into a vicious circle of acne blemishes and over-treatment leading to dryness, which leads to rebound oiliness, and more acne.

One year, I decided to try a new approach. Although I have not really had much success with homeopathic formulas before, I was willing to try anything at this point so I looked for a homeopathic remedy for acne or oily skin. With some help from a naturopathic advisor, I

found this product made by Loma Lux Labs.

It is made to treat acne that is taken orally instead of put onto the skin. I was hoping a treatment from the inside out would work better than the ones I had been using on my skin. This is the first homeopathic remedy I have ever taken that recommended the dosage by weight.

This did not work out well as far as economy, since I was in the higher category that had to take four tablets instead of one. Skinny people get all the breaks!

I took my four tablets once a day. They contain some strange, alien words that often appear on homeopathic products to confuse me and leave me without ...

• the ability to pronounce anything.

I do know what sulfur is, and this product contains it. This was not really a surprise, since sulfur soaps and other products are made for acne, and I have tried a few of them. The sulfur explained why the product did not smell particularly pleasant.

Fortunately, unlike many homeopathic products I have tried, this one was not sub-lingual. I did not have to suffer while it dissolved. I could just hold my nose and swallow it.

I noticed that in the inactive ingredients, it listed lactose– so this formula would probably be a bad idea for the lactose intolerant. Every time I took the small pills, I became slightly nauseous. I am not sure if it was something in them that irritated my

stomach, or if it was just the smell and slight taste you got after putting them in your mouth.

It only lasted a few minutes, so that was tolerable. I took the product for a month, waiting for some kind of response. Even a moderate one would have been great.

I would have settled for mild. Unfortunately, this product did not seem to have any effect on the acne and oiliness. It came and went as it pleased, coinciding with my monthly cycle and also the amount of sweating and playing in the heat that I did.

I would love to recommend these as a miracle cure for acne, or even as something that might sort-of-maybe help a little. I cannot. They did nothing but smell funny and give false hope.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3417071510490931/k2311a0717/7.17.11