iPlay USB Internet Radio Jukebox
  • This is a very convenient feature as you can use it as a storage device as well
  • I connected to my local McDonald's wi-fi network and I found out that it is impossible to listen to a song or anything
  • Some things I noticed about this internet radio stick include freeze ups and some software problems

• by MisterTickle

The iPlay Internet Radio Jukebox is a USB drive with preloaded software that can give you access to hundreds of hundreds of radio stations around the world. This is all done through the internet. The price of the iPlay Internet Radio Jukebox is $17.99 and can be found at JR Electronics.

This iPlay Internet Radio Jukebox USB drive is pretty simple. It has a software, which takes up a few megabytes. The rest of the USB drive is free space. It comes with 2 GB of free space. This is a very convenient feature as you can use it as a storage device as well. I

guess the main feature I am going to review is the internet software.

According to the specifications, the iPlay Internet Radio Jukebox comes with 13,000 radio stations for 300 countries. There are no annual fees or anything of the sort. This is also a plus. The good thing is I don’t have to pay additional fees on top of the $17.99 already paid.

The actual quality of the iPlay Internet Radio Jukebox depends on the internet speed. I find that it is impossible to use this product on a slow connection. I connected to my local McDonald’s wi-fi network and I found out that it is impossible to ...

• listen to a song or anything. I hear various segments and static. However, the quality got better when I used the iPlay Internet Radio Jukebox at home. Since my internet speed is faster, I can actually hear what these radio stations are offering. The pre-installed software is pretty well made. I can store preset channels and favorites. I find the iPlay Internet Radio Jukebox great for listening to the news. Many channels are in different languages so this is good news. To me, this means that there is something for all speakers. Whether you speak French or Spanish, you can still use this product. Many of
        the channels are music stations. They play music non-stop. However, I did come across some news stations. I can hear the local news and find out what is going on. This is useful, especially when you have relatives in different countries. You can keep up to date with the local events.

Some things I noticed about this internet radio stick include freeze ups and some software problems. I did say that the software is well built and that is true. However, I find there are some glitches. I find the program sometimes freezes. This usually occurs when I click the “Next Channel” button quickly. It freezes up temporarily, but recovers quickly.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1615071510380431/k2311a0715/7.15.11