LUSH Mask of Magnaminty  » Cosmetics  »
  • I think the name is kind of funny but a lot of the LUSH products have weird or interesting names
  • So far, it has done an amazing job at keeping my skin soft, clearing my pores of oil and dirt, and exfoliating my skin
  • I have disliked LUSH products in the past that do not have much product in the container but this mask comes in a very generous portion so I love it
  • I like using this mask before bed so that my skin looks fresh in the morning
  • However, I do recommend this mask because it is effective at cleansing and exfoliating the skin

• by Intensify

I recently purchased the LUSH Mask of Magnaminty. I think the name is kind of funny but a lot of the LUSH products have weird or interesting names. Anyway, this product is basically a facial mask for cleaning and exfoliating the skin. I have used tons of masks in the past, some from LUSH but most from other brands. I was very excited to try this one out.

Last night, I used this mask for the fourth time. I have gotten very good results each time so I can honestly say that I am a big fan of this product. I wanted to wait until after using this a few times so that I could really see this mask’s effect on my skin. So far, it has done an amazing job at keeping my skin soft, clearing my pores of oil and dirt, and exfoliating my skin. The first thing I have to mention is that this mask is a very,

very gentle exfoliator. It isn’t the type of exfoliator that uses heavy beads to buff away the top layer of skin. It is just very subtle exfoliation. I actually happen to prefer more heavy exfoliators but if you are a bit more sensitive, you will probably really like this LUSH mask. The ingredient in this mask that does the exfoliating is the “aduki bean” that it contains.

The mask itself comes in a pretty sizeable tub. I have disliked LUSH products in the past that do not have much product in the container but this mask comes in a very generous portion so I love it. The only thing that I do not like about this tub is the fact that it is slightly unsanitary. Having to dip my finger into the same tub over and over again is not the cleanest method of application. That said, most LUSH products come in tubs so that is just something I guess ...

• I have to accept. I absolutely love the smell of this mask. It smells like mint. I happen to think that the smell of mint is very comforting so I love getting a whiff of this while I am putting the mask on at night.

Application of this mask is very easy. It isn’t one of those masks that dries funny or requires mixing of anything. I literally just scoop the mask out of the tub with my fingers and then rub it evenly onto my face until my whole face is covered. After half an hour, I wash it off and I see the results. While the mask is left on, it gets a bit drier but it does not get so dry that it makes my face hurt or also feel dry. There is a bit of a tingly feeling from the mask, but nothing too crazy. The only other thing that I do not like about this mask

is how much of an effort it takes to wash it off. Because the mask has dried and gotten slightly chunky, you really have to take it off in pieces. After it’s all gone though, my skin feels and looks amazing. There is more of a glow to it. I look more wide awake and refreshed. My pores don’t look huge. I like using this mask before bed so that my skin looks fresh in the morning. Overall, I have to give the LUSH Mask of Magnaminty a rating of an 8 out of 10. It doesn’t get a perfect rating from me because there are a few things that I disliked about this mask, including the removal process and the fact that the tub is a bit unsanitary. However, I do recommend this mask because it is effective at cleansing and exfoliating the skin. It is a bit more pricey than some other masks but it really does work.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3114071509971131/k2311a0714/7.14.11