Healthy Origins White Chia Seed Supplement 16 oz  » Health  »
  • The chia seed I bought was from Healthy Origins and is White Chia
  • I prefer to grind them, because then I can add them to anything I want
  • I noticed no difference in my bowel habits between taking the chia and my regular fiber products
  • I would highly recommend it as a general health enhancer for just about any kind of health issue, or just to stay healthy

• by reviewabit

I take both fiber and fish on a regular basis for various health reasons– like helping stabilize blood sugar, reducing inflammation, treating IBS symptoms, and lowering cholesterol. There are many things that these two nutrients can do for your health. When I tried a little sample pack of chia seed that I got from a store, I did not really like the flavor much at first, but it was ok. I did not realize how good it was for me until I was reading an article about it later on.

It is the richest whole food source of omega 3’s and fiber. It is even better than flax seed. The chia I tried was already ground up and could be mixed into a drink as it was, but

I wanted to find a whole seed product for two reasons.

One, everyone said it was better to grind it yourself to get the most health benefits from it, and two, it is cheaper to buy it whole and grind it. The chia seed I bought was from Healthy Origins and is White Chia. These are the whole seeds, which can be used as is if you want to add them to foods like bread or baked goods.

I prefer to grind them, because then I can add them to anything I want. They have a neutral taste, which is just odd if you eat them alone, but they tend to take on the taste of whatever you mix them into, so it is easy to “hide” them.

• Chia has lots of fiber, so I was able to stop my regular fiber supplement while I was using the chia.

It has smaller levels of calcium and various other nutrients and antioxidants. The recommended dosage for the Healthy Origins brand is one to four tablespoons per day, which is about 15-60 grams. I used a fine coffee grinder to grind the seeds, and only ground what I needed to use in a short time space.

That way the un-ground seeds kept their freshness. Once ground, it is ready to hide in just about anything– smoothies, salads, in casseroles, in soups, even in desserts and pastries. I have heard of putting it into jellies and jams but that doesn’t sound very good to me.

I noticed

no difference in my bowel habits between taking the chia and my regular fiber products. It seems to work just as well. It was nice not to have to swallow fish oil for awhile and not worry about “fish burps.

” If you use the maximum dosage per day, the bottle only lasts about fifteen days for one person. It added about forty dollars a month to take for two of us, so I eventually decided it was cheaper and more sensible to use the cheaper products and take them separately. I still like to buy the chia once in awhile though, because I do think it is a very healthy product.

I would highly recommend it as a general health enhancer for just about any kind of health issue, or just to stay healthy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3414071509921131/k2311a0714/7.14.11