The Republican Party
  • I consider myself to be mainly an independent when it comes to politics
  • I agree with the Republicans on a lot of issues but thre are also some issues that I don't approve of them on
  • I believe they did a good job of winning back the house of Representatives but I believe they'll have a tough time winning the presidency in 2012 if there aren't some changes
  • One thing that I was disappointed was when Jim Demint who is considered to be very conservative stated that he wanted to make the healthcare issue Obama's waterloo
  • Considering that they were so far apart on the issue I was a bit impressed that they were able to come together

• by John

I consider myself to be mainly an independent when it comes to politics. I agree with the Republicans on a lot of issues but thre are also some issues that I don’t approve of them on. I believe they did a good job of winning back the house of Representatives but I believe they’ll have a tough time winning the presidency in 2012 if there aren’t some changes.

One thing that I do like about them is that most of them are really strong on national security. I agree with a lot of the policies that they have implemented. One thing that sort of surprised me is the fact that most Republicans seems as if they are against the war in Libya. I really don’t understand this because it goes against some of the things that they have supported before included the war in Iraq and Afghanistan.

One thing that I disapprove of is

the fact that they party seems to be coming more and more conservative. It seems as if they aer starting to swing more and more to the tea party when it comes to the issues. I’m not saying that they should ignore the tea party but in some ways it seems like they are starting to ignore independents and moderates. It’s impossible to win an election without moderates and independents so I would like to see them try to appeal to them more. I don’t believe it’s a good idea for the Republicans to do more and more to try and align themselves with the tea party. For one the Tea Party is really an organized group so it’s almost impossible to tell who they actually are and this could lead to several problems.

Another thing that I disapprove of is the fact that they weren’t more willing to work with Obama after ...

• he was elected. I believe that if the Republicans were more willing to work with Obama on the stimulus package and the healthcare bill the finished product may have been a lot better. I know that the republicans have a lot of really good ideas when it comes to the economy so although I know they didn’t agree with the Stimulus I believe they should have worked with the president so that more of their ideas could have possibly been implemented. It became almost obvious that they didn’t want to have any bipartisanship initially. One thing that I was disappointed was when Jim Demint who is considered to be very conservative stated that he wanted to make the healthcare issue Obama’s waterloo. I believe that this was a very unfortunate statement. I just didn’t understand it. Although I believe they could have tried to work with the president more I
        was glad to see that they were able to come to an agreement on the extention of the Bush Tax Cuts. Considering that they were so far apart on the issue I was a bit impressed that they were able to come together. I believe that if they had tried to compromise a bit more earlier they may have been able to agree on more issues also.

Overall, I would say that the party overall has done a lot to come back to relevance since the election of Obama. After the 2008 election it seemed as if they were going to be out of power for some time so I believe it’s impressive when you consider the way that they have been able to turn those loses around. I believe that there are still some things that have to be worked on but overall I would approve of most of the things that have been done.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3614071509561031/k2311a0714/7.14.11