Masada Skin Calming Mineral Herb Spa Chamomile & Calendula 2 lbs  » Health  »
  • When I have gotten really dry skin that becomes irritated and itchy, I have used products like Aveeno with oatmeal, but the last time I needed something like that, I decided to try the Masada skin calming herb spa instead
  • It was definitely helpful, and the sea salt was great for my skin and muscles
  • I would recommend it for anyone who needs some help with irritated skin, eczema, bug bites, poison plants, or any other itchy or burning condition

• by reviewabit

I have combination skin that tends to be very dry in the winter. Since I also take a hot bath every night to treat my fibromyalgia symptoms, I am exposed to hot water often enough that it can dry out the skin even further. I usually try to use some kind of moisturizing product in the bath to prevent these problems, but it doesn’t always solve them. When I have gotten really dry skin that becomes irritated and itchy, I have used products like Aveeno with oatmeal, but the last time I needed something like that, I decided to try the Masada skin calming herb spa instead.

I have used

some of the other varieties of Masada bath soaks, and was pleased, so I expected good things from this one as well. The product is made with Dead Sea minerals salt, which is excellent for the skin and entire body because of its magnesium content. It is absorbed through the skin and delivered to the muscles and nerves that depend on it to function properly.

Besides the salts, the herb therapy has calendula and chamomile. I have used both of these herbs in the past to treat irritated skin and they are very helpful. Masada products include a little pouch that you can put the salts in, and swirl it around in the water to dissolve them.

They don’t take long to dissolve. The pouch is very useful when the product contains bits of herb leaves and larger salt particles. It keeps them from becoming a mess all over your tub.

It is much like using a “tea bag” in the bath. I have often cheated and used their pouch for other brands who did not include one when I was not in the mood to deal with particles floating all around me. It makes the cleanup much easier when you are finished too.

This bath additive has a very gentle,

•  Masada Skin Calming Mineral Herb Spa Chamomile & Calendula 2 lbs
      soft fragrance that is so mild, it is sure not to irritate anyone’s sensitive nose or skin. Since it is made to relieve skin irritation, this is expected and appropriate. When I tried the bath I used it for several nights in a raw while trying to get my skin to clear up.

I had scratched my skin terribly because of the itching and dryness and it was red and scaly in places. I looked awful. After using the bath, there was a slight reduction in the itching.

The Masada does not really add moisturizing ingredients, so it was essential that I use a potent lotion after the bath

to help with the healing and seal the moisture in. Using these two things cleared up the dryness in no time. I would say that the bath probably reduced the itching by 50% on the first day, and maybe down to 80% less on the second and third days.

It was definitely helpful, and the sea salt was great for my skin and muscles. This is a very relaxing and healthy bath which does have some soothing power for skin problems. I would recommend it for anyone who needs some help with irritated skin, eczema, bug bites, poison plants, or any other itchy or burning condition.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3413071509251031/k2311a0713/7.13.11