Philips DCM250 Table Stereo Clock Radio  » Electronics  »
  • I consider this the basic feature and now I can get rid of the clock in my room as I have the Philips dock

• by MisterTickle

I actually already own an iPod Dock, but decided to get another one. Today, I am reviewing the Philips DCM250 Table Stereo Clock Radio. I got this one because the my old iPod docker did not have a clock or a radio. I consider this the basic feature and now I can get rid of the clock in my room as I have the Philips dock. The Philips DCM250 Table Stereo Clock Radio is basically a stereo. This stereo comes with a radio capability and it comes with a disk player. I can CD disks, listen to the radio, or attach my iPod to this dock. When my iPod is not in use, this Philip Stereo actually charges my iPod. This is a very useful feature, which I will talk more about later on.

I got

this for $109.99 and it arrived a week after my order. Shipping time is pretty fast. Inside the box is the Philips DCM250 Table Stereo Clock Radio. This Philips stereo also comes with a remote control. As said before, this stereo can play CD disks. It can also play songs or audio books on portable media players. The Philips stereo not only accepts iPods, but also any other brand of MP3 players. There is a USB port so I can connect MP3 players to this stereo. Since I don’t have any other MP3 players other than my iPod, I can’t really review the USB feature. However, the option is available. Also mentioned before is that the Philips stereo has a radio. It can tune into both AM and FM channels. This is great as I ...

• tend to rely on AM more than FM. My old iPod dock does not have AM radio so this is really useful as well.

Sound quality is very important when buying a stereo. If a stereo has poor sound quality, then the stereo is pretty much useless. I find that the sound quality on this stereo is great. Everything is crystal clear. I can listen to audio books without any static noise or buzzing noise. I have experienced a buzzing noise with some stereos if I turn the volume high up. This is not the case with the Philips stereo. If I turn the volume up, I still do not hear any buzzing or static noises. They really took care of this issue. I do have one complaint about the playback. I find that the

volume change by 1 press is a huge jump. It is pretty hard to describe, but I will do my best. For example, I turned up the volume by pressing the volume key once and I find that the sound is not slightly louder, but a whole lot louder. The change in volume by 1 is very large. I’m not quite sure how to say it, but you should notice it when you use it.

This is just a great product. It even accepts the WMA music format. Rarely do I find a player that accepts the WMA format. It also comes with a radio alarm. Every morning, the radio wakes me up. While I am “recovering”, I can listen in on the weather and the news. This is product is really worth the price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1613071509231031/k2311a0713/7.13.11