Mill Creek Instant Home Spa Treatment Ocean Mist 11.5 oz  » Health  »
  • Other than the small fault of having cheap mineral oil in the midst of all these excellent ingredients, this is a great product and I would highly recommend it

• by reviewabit

I received a jar of the Mill Creek “Instant Home Spa” salt scrub as a gift. I had used a few mill Creek products, but not the scrubs. This is a pretty basic formula, with an ocean type of scent, a little like the “Oceans” candles at Pier One, but with some distinct citrus notes.

It has some good ingredients. It is a shame they ruined it with the second ingredient on the list, which is mineral oil.

This is a petroleum chemical derivative and not a healthy option for a supposedly natural product. It is very cheap to use, so they were

probably banking on the consumer not knowing that there was a bad apple in the mix.

Overlooking that, it has some good stuff too. There is vitamin E, Dead Sea salts, sweet almond oil (why didn’t they just use ALL sweet almond oil?) Avocado oil, lemon, rosemary, spearmint and peppermint essential oils, and fragrance.

There is no animal testing of the product, and it comes in a recyclable container. The salt and the oil has to be mixed.

It is recommended for use on hands and feet, and I especially like it for my feet. I soak my feet in warm water and ...

• then massage with the salt scrub, which feels really nice.

It is a coarse and grainy salt that does a great job of exfoliating your skin. It does leave a lot of oil behind, but this is typical for this type of scrub and that is how it is supposed to be.

I find that it leaves my feet incredibly soft and smelling really nice. The small amounts of spearmint and peppermint in the mix give your skin a slight tingle after being roughed up by the salt.

The avocado and sweet almond oils are rich and luxurious, and you feel like you have had

a serious massage after using them. I keep the salt scrub in my bathroom for use on my feet, but sometimes I take it to the kitchen if I have a large holiday meal ahead or I am catering or something like that, because I often get sore and dry hands from all the water exposure, and this product and others similar to it will do wonders for refreshing the hands and getting moisture back in the skin.

Other than the small fault of having cheap mineral oil in the midst of all these excellent ingredients, this is a great product and I would highly recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3413071508901031/k2311a0713/7.13.11