Nature’s Gate Advance Care Raspberry Mint Whitening Toothpaste, 5 oz  » Health  »
  • To solve the problem, I use either children’s brands, which have milder flavors like fruit or bubble gum, or I try natural products which often have milder flavors as well and offer alternatives to the usual mint
  • I bought it without even reading the box, because I love raspberry anything
  • It was not the best raspberry I have ever tasted, but it was different and a refreshing change from the same old orange and strawberry flavors
  • I have not been able to find this paste again since I first bought it, but if I see it again, I will definitely buy more

• by reviewabit

I don’t use most brands of adult mint flavored toothpaste because they are too strong and burn my mouth. When I do use them, I don’t brush long enough, which makes me fall behind in my oral care routine. I am diabetic and cannot afford to do this.

To solve the problem, I use either children’s brands, which have milder flavors like fruit or bubble gum, or I try natural products which often have milder flavors as well and offer alternatives to the usual mint. I have tried various flavors in the natural products market, but the first raspberry toothpaste I saw was made

by Nature’s Gate.

I bought it without even reading the box, because I love raspberry anything. This toothpaste is paraben free and sulfate free.

Without sulfates, of course, it does not lather like most mainstream brands do. We don’t actually need that lather to clean our teeth, but we are so used to it that when we don’t have it, it seems as if the toothpaste is not doing its job.

This is an unfair assessment– as many sulfate free toothpastes are excellent and clean just as well, but without the harsh detergent. This paste has fluoride.

It is a toss up ...

• as to whether a natural brand will have fluoride or not. While most dentists will tell you to use a fluoride paste, some people think we are exposed to too much of the chemical already, through our fluoridated drinking water.

I am ok with either decision, as I am not sure what to think! The Nature’s Gate company’s policy is to be cruelty free, which reassures me that they have not tested their products on animals. This paste has green tea, licorice root and fig, for antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects, abd bamboo and silica to whiten teeth.

In most pastes that have silica,

it can be detected as a slight grittiness in the texture, but it was not very noticeable in this one. I liked the raspberry flavor.

It was not the best raspberry I have ever tasted, but it was different and a refreshing change from the same old orange and strawberry flavors. It seemed to clean my teeth as well as any other toothpaste ever has, and my gums felt and looked great after using a whole tube.

I have not been able to find this paste again since I first bought it, but if I see it again, I will definitely buy more. It is a great alternative choice.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3413071508831031/k2311a0713/7.13.11