Ibanez rg350dx guitar
  • Every time I attend an event and remove it from the case, people are always impressed with how the guitar looks
  • At first, I had issues with the bridge but when I learned to set it properly, I had no problems
  • I also use it play reggae, it's not the best but it works
  • The main problem I have with the guitar is that the metal nut set is too high
  • I think that my guitar is probably an exception because I have read no complaints about that particular situation

• by Nblaze

I got this guitar as a Christmas present from my wife and I must say this guitar is gorgeous. Every time I attend an event and remove it from the case, people are always impressed with how the guitar looks.

First of all, the guitar is white with black hardware; stunning. It has 24 jumbo frets, shark tooth inlays, an INF3 neck humbucker, single coil INF3 middle pickup and an INF4 bridge humbucking pickup. For the bridge, there is an

edge III tremolo.

At first, I had issues with the bridge but when I learned to set it properly, I had no problems. I also installed a Goldo Back Box to stabilize the bridge a little. Note, if you add the back box, you will not be able to do flutter tricks.

The stock pickups sounds good but I upgraded the bridge pickup with a DiMarzio evolution, I am also planning on changing the neck pickup as well. This guitar is ...

• mainly a metal guitar but you can play some other rock with it. I also use it play reggae, it’s not the best but it works.

The main problem I have with the guitar is that the metal nut set is too high. If I tune the guitar to pitch, the notes on the last three strings would sound sharp when fretted. What I do is that I tune these string a little flat so that they can be in

tune when fretted except if I am playing a lot of open string stuff. I think that my guitar is probably an exception because I have read no complaints about that particular situation. The neck is also pretty fast so shredding is not a problem on this baby.

Like I said earlier this guitar looks good and sounds good. If you are an intermediate guitar player looking for a guitar to play mainly rock or metal, then this is a great buy.

Philip says :

Bought this guitar for BD 160 (That`s around 350 shipping) a few months ago. Its sound makes my Fender stratocaster look like a dummy bag.With large shark-tooth inlays, and 24 frets, I manage Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, and Lamb of God pretty easily. Sometimes, the bridge may need stabilizing, but mine didn`t. A Line 6 amp goes sweetly with this guitar. Pickups are extremely good. If I needed to choose another guitar, it`d be the Schecter Syn Gates Custom, but other than that, not even Les Paul can beat this.

guitarhero83 says :

re : Every time I attend an event and remove it from the case, people are always impressed with how the guitar looks
    It is a nice guitar indeed. Looks awesome and the feel is also pretty good.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1613071508530931/k2311a0713/7.13.11