John Frieda Precision Foam Hair Color Medium Chocolate Brown 5B  » Health  »
1.5
  • I have used a couple of John Frieda’s other products, and have been pleased, and I have also used a different brand of hair color foam– so I thought this would be a good product
  • I think it is much easier to judge a color when you see it on someone’s head
  • I chose the medium chocolate brown because it was the closest to my existing hair color and had a little red in it, which I like
  • While my gray hair is resistant to semi-permanent colors, I rarely have a problem getting the permanent ones to work
  • This color seems to be a good quality as far as look– but I would not recommend it for someone with resistant gray

• by reviewabit

I color my hair at home to save money. I have used a couple of John Frieda’s other products, and have been pleased, and I have also used a different brand of hair color foam– so I thought this would be a good product. I thought the packaging choice was odd– the model shown in the picture is in black and white, with the hair’s actual color shown in color pictures above and below the model. I think it is much easier to judge a color when you see it on someone’s head.

I don’t know why they would do that. This

is a foam based permanent color kit, which contains peroxide. I chose the medium chocolate brown because it was the closest to my existing hair color and had a little red in it, which I like.

I had about a half an inch of gray roots showing at the time. While my gray hair is resistant to semi-permanent colors, I rarely have a problem getting the permanent ones to work. Applying the product is very easy.

The gloves they give you are a better quality than the little thin plastic ones that most kits have. You don’t shake the bottle once the ...

• developer is mixed in, you tilt the bottle five times. Interesting.

It seems to work, because when you squeeze the bottle it makes a nice thick foam. The foam is easy to apply and covers well. The product has a pleasant smell and doesn’t make you want to run from your own head.

When I lathered and rinsed out the color, it seemed to take longer than with other brands. The whole time, I was thinking this must be a good thing, for it means the color is probably concentrated and will look very rich. The color did look rich– on the

ends.

My roots were noticeably less gray, but they were not completely covered. The color that did take looked great. My hair was shiny and felt healthy after using the conditioner supplied.

Unfortunately, the “sorta-covered” gray look was not what I was going for. I was disappointed, and probably will not use this color again. I touched up the roots with a temporary rinse for a few weeks until it was safe to re-color my hair, then I used a different brand.

This color seems to be a good quality as far as look– but I would not recommend it for someone with resistant gray.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3412071508520531/k2311a0712/7.12.11