Lactase Enzyme Supplement Chewables Vanilla 32ct
  • I tried using the Lactaid pills, and since I did sometimes get relief with them, it was assumed that the problem was solved
  • Unfortunately, I still sometimes got symptoms even when I had not consumed any milk products, and so further testing was done
  • When I saw the chewable type, I thought this might be a good deal
  • They do cost more than the tablets if you break it down to price per dose, but since I was wasting tablets when they went out of date, it really didn’t matter much
  • I think they would be a good “back up” product for regular users or Lactaid to keep on hand

• by reviewabit

Before I was diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome, it was thought that I might be lactose intolerant. I tried using the Lactaid pills, and since I did sometimes get relief with them, it was assumed that the problem was solved. Unfortunately, I still sometimes got symptoms even when I had not consumed any milk products, and so further testing was done. Eventually it was ruled that I had both lactose intolerance and IBS.

However, my lactose intolerance is very mild and usually does not cause any problems unless I eat a very large amount of milk product at once. For this, I keep some Lactaid on hand, just in case I need it. Since

I rarely use the product, it takes a long time for me to get through a bottle of the pills and they often go out of date before I get them used up.

When I saw the chewable type, I thought this might be a good deal. They do cost more than the tablets if you break it down to price per dose, but since I was wasting tablets when they went out of date, it really didn’t matter much. I was paying the same either way.

I first tried the chewables out of curiosity. I knew I didn’t actually need them, but I was looking for an excuse to try them,

• I admit it. A chewable vanilla candy is always a temptation for a diabetic, and “but it’s medicine” is always a good excuse.

I chewed two of the Lactaid before eating a bowl of cereal with milk. They were actually pretty nice. They have a light vanilla flavor and taste pretty much like soft taffy but with a chalkier type of texture.

After eating the ice cream, I did not have any symptoms. (I had not expected any anyway, with or without the Lactaid. ) Eventually there came an actual legitimate use of the product.

I decided to share a low carb pizza meal with a diabetic friend, and the crust was

made from various baked cheeses. The top was also covered in cheese– it was the cheesiest thing I have ever seen in my life. This was a legitimate reason for the Lactaid.

Again, I took two of the chews with the first bite, and they were a nice little before-dinner treat. I had no symptoms. The chewables seem to work every bit as well as the regular pills, and are more enjoyable and convenient.

I think they would be a good “back up” product for regular users or Lactaid to keep on hand. They would also help people who have trouble with swallowing pills, or children. It would be very easy to feed these to children.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3412071508460531/k2311a0712/7.12.11