Garden of Life Extraordinary Beauty Probiotic Smile Mints 60 ct  » Health  »
  • When I saw this product, I thought it was very interesting
  • I decided to try one more month, since it was a low-powered therapy
  • I would recommend this product to someone who needs some help with the oral bacterial flora, or who wants to whiten their teeth but cannot use other methods for whatever reason

• by reviewabit

I have been looking for an easier way to whiten my teeth. The white strips and kits are expensive and make my teeth sensitive, and it is awkward to use trays and pens. I don’t want to pay for a professional treatment, and the whitening toothpastes don’t seem to give very dramatic effects. When I saw this product, I thought it was very interesting.

This is a probiotic mint, that actually serves several functions. It controls bacteria growth to make the mouth a healthier environment, supporting gum health.

It improves bad breath, and it claims to “create” hydrogen peroxide that whitens teeth naturally.

This is all done without chemicals to make your teeth sensitive. I was a little concerned about anything “creating” peroxide in my mouth, since peroxide should not be swallowed and this is a mint, which obviously you will be swallowing as it dissolves. Apparently, the amount of peroxide is so small that it is not dangerous.

Since it is a small amount, it works over time, and the product takes about a month before it shows any real results. I was interested enough in it to give it a try. If nothing else, it was certainly a unique idea.

It is supposed to be best to use this after brushing your teeth. The mint, mixed with saliva, should touch all surfaces of the teeth and gums to work, so I made an effort to swish it and move it around in my mouth a lot while I let it dissolve. Two mints daily was the recommended dose.

I am diabetic, but since these are ...

• Garden of Life Extraordinary Beauty Probiotic Smile Mints 60 ct
      small and do not have enough carbohydrate in them to do any damage, they did not really have any significant effect of my blood sugar. I have the habit of biting into mints and chewing them, so I really had to concentrate and not allow myself to do this with these mints. Sometimes I would slip, but usually I would soon realize what had happened and stop, letting the broken pieces dissolve naturally.

The mints tasted good and it was an enjoyable therapy. My mouth felt clean after each

mint. When thirty days were up, I looked at my teeth.

I could not tell any difference in the look of them. I decided to try one more month, since it was a low-powered therapy. In the end, there may have been a slight whitening effect, but I did not think the money I was paying for the results was really worth it.

I would recommend this product to someone who needs some help with the oral bacterial flora, or who wants to whiten their teeth but cannot use other methods for whatever reason.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3412071508420531/k2311a0712/7.12.11