10 Corso Como EDP Perfume  » Perfume  »
  • The main attraction to 10 Corso Como, I think, despite that it features other notes in the mix, is the union of woods and incense

• by jhunie

There are so many flavors in perfumery, but sandalwood will always be at the top of my favorite scents. For a silly change, I desired to venture into floral sandalwoods and not the powdery, green kind of sandalwood I’ve been stuck wearing for years (Sandalo by Byblos). Perfumes that highlight the true qualities of sandalwood have declined in recent years. And the modern permutations of sandalwood today don’t even smell like sandalwood anymore to me, since the industry has been running low of it to supply the demand. 10 Corso Como has just made it into my small niche of sandalwood perfumes. It has often been around the corner in every fragrance store, but it’s really not the perfume you’d buy right away after picking the tester bottle. It makes you sniff…and then sniff again to no end after you’ve walked out of the door.

10 corso como is odd, at once, and then

beautiful for the rest of its development. It is one sandalwood scent that evolves on my skin over time. I detect this play between passive and aggressive notes, that smells intriguing as well as they are lovely altogether. It is a loud sandalwood fragrance though, with a sexy flair, which you’ll either appreciate or dislike. I loaned some time to like this scent, and as it turned out, I loved it very much. It’s a more elegant sandalwood than the aquatic, musky type I’ve been so used to wearing for a long time. The rich sandalwood really takes the cake – not the icing – so its voluptuous concentration makes me think that I’m wearing a perfume (like donning a dress instead of jeans) all the while and not a washed out cologne. If you’re inclined to floral scents, it’s probably not hard to like this woodsy perfume.

It starts out in a ...

• chemical scent that my brain alludes to scented bleach, which is very uncharacteristic of woody perfumes, later turning spicy and sweet. It is moderately exotic, but doesn’t go off the roof like Guerlain’s samsara. The first notes that catch my attention are geranium (so much like my home fragrances) and the somewhat resinous woods; I’m not anosmic to rosy notes (I’d be the first to smell it, as it’s one of my favorites), but I really couldn’t smell it. The floral part emphasizes the sweetness of the perfume, and as it blends with sandalwood, the sensual mood, as much as others like it, make me want to complement myself every time I smell it.

The main attraction to 10 Corso Como, I think, despite that it features other notes in the mix, is the union of woods and incense. That’s one way to describe the scent every time I smell it close to the skin.

Incense here smells quite vibrant and adds a bit of dimension to the composition and to an, otherwise, “madam” scent of florals and sandalwood. Since it is predominantly a sandalwood fragrance, with sweet floral undertones, I couldn’t assign the scent to a specific gender. So I would say that it’s arguably a unisex perfume.

The scent throw is creditable, and it lasts for a while. As the scent depletes, the more I get the pleasure of smelling the woodsy notes, without the mingling sweetness. And what a wonderful end to smell the woods; it’s just appropriate for a sandalwood perfume. If you want a gorgeous woodsy perfume that has none of the identity crisis found in other commercial sandalwood scents, I’ll willingly give this perfume a try. I’m planning of getting the full size, which is priced rather steeply though (80 dollars). I’ll probably keep spritzing…and spritzing this bottle until the cows come home.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5612071508290431/k2311a0712/7.12.11