Banana Boat Ultra Mist Sport SPF 50 6 oz  » Health  »
  • The protection is SPF 50, and I think the Neutrogena is higher, but that is redundant over a certain SPF number anyway
  • When I bought the Banana Boat mist, I still had some of the Neutrogena left in a can at home
  • I had come to replace it before it ran out, and that is when I noticed the Banana Boat copy-cat product
  • One problem with both products is that the spray has an obnoxiously strong smell when you first spray it
  • I would recommend either of these products equally as far as their quality– but I will be buying the Banana Boat to save money

• by reviewabit

When Neutrogena came up with a continuous spray product that had “Helioplex” which was their own UVA/UVB stable protection blend, Banana Boat did not waste any time coming up with their own “AvoTriplex” name for the same sort of photo-stable protection. I had to laugh a bit. Companies always do this . .

. and it is funny, but in this case I was quite happy to see they had done it. Banana Boat is a great brand, and I have trusted them for years.

I have used the

Neutrogena spray that this product is modeled after, and I liked it very much. Even the size of the can is similar– but Banana Boat’s is a little larger. The protection is SPF 50, and I think the Neutrogena is higher, but that is redundant over a certain SPF number anyway.

I’ve been using SPF 50 for years and get complete protection, so this did not sway my opinion when comparing them. The price of the Banana Boat product is lower, predictably– making it a clear choice, provided the quality and performance is the same. When I bought the Banana Boat mist, I still had some of the Neutrogena left in a can at home.

I had come to replace it before it ran out, and that is when I noticed the Banana Boat copy-cat product. I bought the Banana Boat. Over all, they are both equal in performance, making Banana Boat the preference, since it is a larger can and costs less money.

They have a few flaws in common. Someone should tell Banana Boat not to copy ...

• Banana Boat Ultra Mist Sport SPF 50 6 oz
      too closely next time! One problem with both products is that the spray has an obnoxiously strong smell when you first spray it. It will make you cough.

I highly recommend spraying either one of the brands outdoors, or at least in a room where you can turn and run from the fallout. Once it is on your skin and settled in, it smells fine, but when you spray it, it is awful. Maybe it is the “Helioplex” and “AvoTriplex” that is responsible for that.

I do not recall other sun

sprays being so obnoxiously loud smelling. It is a chemical smell, not an added fragrance. The only other problem is the spray leaving a slight oily look.

The Banana Boat seemed to do this a little more than the Neutrogena, but both were noticeable. It is nothing compared to a greasy lotion, but it is still obvious you are wearing something, at least until it settles in a bit. I would recommend either of these products equally as far as their quality– but I will be buying the Banana Boat to save money.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3411071507730631/k2311a0711/7.11.11