Bentley Organic Bar Soap Orange & Clove Bud 5.3oz  » Health  »
  • Although it was totally an impulse buy, I did not regret the purchase
  • It is amazing how much scent affects my mood
  • Everyone else can though– and I think it would be nice to have a bar out as guest soap around the holidays

• by reviewabit

When I was looking through some soaps in a natural product section, nothing about the Bentley brand stood out at first. It seemed to have nice packaging and was certified organic… but when I saw the picture on the front of the “revitalizing” bar, I stopped to look closer. It was a picture of an orange slice, with some cinnamon sticks leaning on it. The first thought that came to mind was of my grandmother making orange spice tea from scratch when I was little.

I can remember how wonderful it smelled and tasted. I tried to sniff the bar but could not smell

it through the box. I put it back and went on with my shopping, but I kept thinking about the orange tea, and I finally walked back over to the soaps and put the bar in my cart.

Aren’t we easily influenced as a species? No wonder marketing execs make so much money. Although it was totally an impulse buy, I did not regret the purchase. My introduction to the Bentley organic orange and clove soap was very enjoyable.

When I removed it from the box, I immediately washed my hands with it to see how it smelled. The smell was indeed ...

• very reminiscent of the orange/cinnamon tea, with extra clove. It was refreshing and had a strong “winter holiday” vibe about it.

It was almost warming and comforting, even though it was bright and spicy. It is amazing how much scent affects my mood. The next morning, I got the opportunity to cover myself in the orange and spice.

It was a gentle soap, and made a creamy, soft lather that cleansed well and rinsed away easily. My skin was comfortable afterward, and I carried the scent with me for a couple of hours. Since my skin is very dry in the winter,

I usually do not use a bar soap, favoring liquids and cleanser for dry skin instead.

For that reason, I probably can’t enjoy this soap when it would be most appropriate for the scent. Everyone else can though– and I think it would be nice to have a bar out as guest soap around the holidays. I could get away with using it for hand soap with no problems.

If you love orange and spice, and have normal to oily skin, this is a great product that will work very well for you. The scent is amazing, but not too overpowering. I highly recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3411071507560531/k2311a0711/7.11.11